Jump to content

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Got her back.....

Recommended Posts

So, some of you may remember that my Boxster got mangled in a recent ice storm here in Maryland. I got her back today and she looks great - with one exception....the plastic guard close to the rear wheel arch that seems to be the outflow for the rear drainage tube is still mangled - perhaps they missed it in the body shop. It's kinda like a triangular piece that connects by two screws underneath. Anyone have any idea where I can get one and how easy they are to replace ? thanks....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WOW ! Thanks so much for the quick response. That is EXACTLY what I meant. So, I am imagining it or are they the pieces where the rear drains lead to ?

Again, thank you for your help.


Their called gravel guards and I don't think they have anything to do with the drain. There about $20 at Silverstar recycling, Suncoast has'em pretty cheap new...$40 maybe.

Regards, PK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On MY99 Boxster they just snap in place. They are solid rubber, no drain connection.


I've recently pulled mine off to dry-fit some gt3 side skirts for my '00 Boxster...it was three screws underneath and one screw in the wheel well...but that last one is covered by the wheel well plastic guards. Those come off with the unscrewing of two hex head bolts. It is really easy...and while you are under there you might want to clean out all the gravel, sand, and dirt that is sitting in it. I probably released two handfuls of trapped debris from each of the "gravel guards".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks again to all of you for the advice. I will order the replacements and have at it !

p.s. Here's the "mangled gravel guard" - for those who were interested !


It was a sunny day here today in Maryland, so I took her top off and let her rip !!!


SO happy to have her back !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.