Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Boxster Coil Over Kit

OK - getting this Boxster prepared as an ITR racer for SCCA. The cage will go in last as I will be enjoying the car while building it out.

I'm a fan of Bilstein and run those in my GT1 car but I don't know if the PSS9 is the kit to buy - I've seen some prices over $2K for the kit and am interested if there are better deals out there.

I've also seen some kits in the $1200 range - price is right but are they comparable to the Bilsteins? I'm not going to go for JRZ or Motons or Penske - I'd put that kind of money in the GT1 car.

Any suggestions on a swaybar kit? How about strut tower braces? Final effort would be delrin bushings or aluminum - anybody go that far on one of these cars? I've sorta given up on all the BS I hear about power increased from exhaust and intake - doesn't seem like any gain over 10 hp is realistic and for some huge money - I'm going for the handling first.

Is anybody familiar with these kits? This includes the camber plates.

http://www.raceinspired.com/ps-8744-176-d2...er-1998-up.aspx

Or this kit

http://www.weaponspeed.com/PORSCHE-BOXSTER...ng-p-24220.html

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. This is for the track - comfort is not a focus.

Why work when you can shop the web for toys???? :clapping:

Ben

Edited by benspeeder

• 3 weeks later...

PSS9's are only good with springs of up to around 500lb/in. if you're building a dedicated ITS car, you may want stiffer springs. if this is the case, you'll need to move to different dampers. the K-Sports and D2's are both essentially JIC/Cross. they are available in any metric spring rate, which is nice. i don't know of anyone who's put these on a shock dyno to figure out how much they vary from unit to unit or how closely their adjustable settings are matched to one another.

i THINK the D2's are adjustable for rebound and compression, while the K-SPorts are compression only. i tried to confirm this with D2, but never received a reply.

if it were me & i wanted to be competitive, i'd buy a set of PSS9's (maybe find some that are used and shot out) and have them re-valved to work with stiffer springs. i'd then order some eibach constant rate springs (the PSS9's are progressive rate) and add camber plates. it's a lot more expensive route than the D2's or K-Sports, but probably will work out better in the long run.

alternatively, you can try the D2's or K-Sports & sell them if you hate them. a lot of people over at 986forum.com have tried them out (on the street mainly) with positive feedback.

Edited by insite