Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have a 99 Carrera Cab and recently picked up some touch up paint (L555SP - Mirage). I live in Calgary and instead of sand or salt they use small rocks on the road in the winter (that stay around well into the nice weather). The wheels have picked up some very small stone chips that reveal a black undercoat or primer. I asked the dealer if there was touch up paint available for the wheels and he couldn't find the wheel paint. I know Loren published a blog on fixing wheel damage which was very good but there was no mention of the paint colour number. I saw in the pictures that it was Wurth Metallic Silver. Can anybody help me out with this?

Scottie

I can't help you on the wheel chip situation, but I am in Calgary as well and feel your pain with the bulls&*$ rocks on the road. If you are ever in need of a Porsche coolant or hydrolic fluid top up, let me know. I've got more than enough to go around and the stuff is expensive! I've also got other things too like an oil filter wrench, jack and stands as well as DIY guides for brakes, cv boots and wheel bearings.

I'm always looking for people in the know, so I thought I'd let you know your not alone out there.

Have a good one.

Ashley

I believe the Wurth Metallic Silver is the lacquer that is supplied to OEM manufacturers for German autos (Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, VW). I got some from here and it does match the original factory wheel color very well.

I believe the Wurth Metallic Silver is the lacquer that is supplied to OEM manufacturers for German autos (Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, VW). I got some from here and it does match the original factory wheel color very well.

Hi and thanks for the info and website reference. Maybe I'll check at my friendly neighbourhood Benz or BMW dealer to see if they have something that might match.