Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Perfect Ipod cable for CDR 220 ?

ttp://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=305250&i=023IPODCBL&search=ipod+cable&tp=120

Has anyone tried this cable? It looks like it will connect directly to the Cd changer 8pin input and then to the dock output of the ipod. Neat, all in one and powers Ipod?

I know Becker has a cable available for the CDr 220 that also cann achieve both audio connection and power charge the ipod via the dock . I was told that the Becker cable was designed for Ferrari but works on the Cdr220 ...also Ferrari prices over $100 if I recall correctly.

PLEASE DO NOT ASSUME THE CABLE IN THE LINK TO CRUTCHFIELD WILL WORK WITH CDR220.

Does anybody know if it will work?? Can power be tapped out of the 8 pin Cd changer input of the Becker CDR220?

Thanks

Edited by tagger

Hi!

I used this one:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...IN1R&tp=422

then this one for power:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/autopilot

I bought a RCA to 1/8" stereo cable and I tapped the power from the telephone power connector on the center console (switched +12)

That way I have a black/low profile ipod 30 pin cable that only powers the ipod when the car is running. Once you take the keys off the ignition, the ipod pauses itself and shut off by itself. No need to unplug or anything else.

Sound is great (with an additional noise filter) you just have to activate the AUX mode on the becker CDR220.

So, I can tell that the cable I posted works.

I hope this helps!

-joel

While I have not used that cable per se, I have both the CDR-220 and a Blaupunkt Toronto that use the identical 8 pin connector for the AUX input. I have also done a pin to pin comparison, and they are the same, so power to the ipod would be there. Nice find....I was looking for something similar, as it uses the real output, not the headphone out, and the Belkin hack was WAY too clumsy.... BUT I want to have both the CD changer AND the ipod available...and I found it at stereodiscounters.com. Look at their cables and current sensing AUX switches. What I haven't done yet is wire everything up, so I do NOT know what kind of volume level you will get...but the sound will be be better for sure! I currently use the Griffin iFlex with my nano...

Edited by perryinva

Real nice find!! I wish I'd seen that Griffin one before I bough tthe iFlex for nano...I like the controls on the charger!

Hi!

I used this one:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...IN1R&tp=422

then this one for power:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/autopilot

I bought a RCA to 1/8" stereo cable and I tapped the power from the telephone power connector on the center console (switched +12)

That way I have a black/low profile ipod 30 pin cable that only powers the ipod when the car is running. Once you take the keys off the ignition, the ipod pauses itself and shut off by itself. No need to unplug or anything else.

Sound is great (with an additional noise filter) you just have to activate the AUX mode on the becker CDR220.

So, I can tell that the cable I posted works.

I hope this helps!

-joel

• 1 month later...

I have bought the Griffin Technology Autopilot cable for my 99' C2 convertible.

It does not seat properly in the cigarrette lighter plug - floating around.

I believe the older cars had somewhat looser lighter sokets - anybody encountered this?