Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Rattle noise from vents

Hi all,

Does any one has the same problem? A few months ago, I noticed there is a rattle noise from the passanger side, sounds like coming from the vent trim or the load speaker on dash, now the rattle extended to the driver side too.

I can hear the rattle noise (sometimes) when idle and while driving and the road is not that rough or bumpy. At the beginning, I thought it might be the vent and a pillar trims were loose or rubbing each other, so I tried to stuck my fingers between the vent trim and the a pillar trim and the rattle did not go away. :huh: I tried to hold all different pieces on the dash and it just doesn't go away.

Any suggestion where I should check? It becomes annoying.

Thanks guys.

Edited by chanda

Hi all,

Does any one has the same problem? A few months ago, I noticed there is a rattle noise from the passanger side, sounds like coming from the vent trim or the load speaker on dash, now the rattle extended to the driver side too.

I can hear the rattle noise (sometimes) when idle and while driving and the road is not that rough or bumpy. At the beginning, I thought it might be the vent and a pillar trims were loose or rubbing each other, so I tried to stuck my fingers between the vent trim and the a pillar trim and the rattle did not go away. :huh: I tried to hold all different pieces on the dash and it just doesn't go away.

Any suggestion where I should check? It becomes annoying.

Thanks guys.

I sometimes get a rattle and have narrowed it down to the door panel. I keep CDs in there, and sometimes at idle I have enough just enough vibration coming from the aftermarket exhaust that they'll start to rattle.

• 7 months later...
I sometimes get a rattle and have narrowed it down to the door panel. I keep CDs in there, and sometimes at idle I have enough just enough vibration coming from the aftermarket exhaust that they'll start to rattle.

I have had the same issue for months now...

I stuffed felt everywhere, had the speakers out. Next up is taking off the defroster vents.

• 3 months later...

I have had the same issue for months now...

I stuffed felt everywhere, had the speakers out. Next up is taking off the defroster vents.

After months of taking out and putting back in various trim pieces all around the interior of my car, I finally found the problem!

The noise was actually coming from the the two lower trays from the center console. The trays themselves were rattling against the lower center console frame.

I ended up taking out the trays, and putting a lot of felt tape all around. That got rid of the rattling.

For some reason, the noises gets amplified and goes behind and up through the vents, and that's why everyone thought the noise originated from there, when it was somewhere entirely the whole time.

Take out your tray / CD / Tape holder and see if the rattle noises go away.

Edited by kevinkw