Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

why does not 01 boxster S (PSM fitted) have headlights with amber sign

hi guys,

I just took over a basalt black ROW boxster S '01. the mileage is now 38,000km. i've had 2 mechanics checked the undercarriage and and interior and they have all confirmed the car is accident free and most probably the mileage is genuine.

i wanna check with anyone who know why :-

1. my headlights, tails light and side signals are all amber and not white. (arent all boxster S's lights all white if not litronic for the facelifted models

2. my top is grey in color. doesnt grey tops only come with blue cars?

anyone knows?

hi guys,

I just took over a basalt black ROW boxster S '01. the mileage is now 38,000km. i've had 2 mechanics checked the undercarriage and and interior and they have all confirmed the car is accident free and most probably the mileage is genuine.

i wanna check with anyone who know why :-

1. my headlights, tails light and side signals are all amber and not white. (arent all boxster S's lights all white if not litronic for the facelifted models

2. my top is grey in color. doesnt grey tops only come with blue cars?

anyone knows?

1. Nope

2. Nope

ROW Boxsters clear front and rear lights > 03, litronic or not.

thats an info. u can confirm that?

i have seen non litronics but white headlights.

also my color code says 744C50. just checked out that its not basalt black. it should be metallic black. what do they stand for. i know 744 stands for metallic black.

anything in there tells me the softop color?

we can order any colored top with our porsches? in Malaysia the distributor do stock up a couple of units but many buyers also custom order. maybe thats when they ask for certain color softops.

BTW is there a color code decoding site i can go to?

anyone?

Edited by 830

• Admin
i have seen non litronics but white headlights.
The the owners likely swapped them out with headlights from a 996 (easy to do).

744 is body color in Metallic Black. C50 is convertible top in Graphite Grey.

If you order a Porsche you can specify the top color from a list of available colors (usually at least 4 colors). Many times dealers order cars to show (and sell) on their lot in popular colors and options.

• Moderators

The facelift was for model year 2003. That is when the Boxster got the clear halogen headlights and clear tail lights. But the side markers/signals stayed amber for the facelift in the US market.

The top colors were black, blue, and grey. Starting with 1998 you could order the car in any of the 3 colors. I have the first year Boxster, 1997, and the only color for that year for the top was black.

Porsche owners like to swap parts. My 1997 has 1999 996 clear halogen headlights, 2003 clear tails lights, and clear side markers. 2000 S 3 spoke steering wheel. And so on.

But my car was never like that when it was new.

thanks guys,

that kinda alleviate my fears of a major cover up for a 'crazy accident where my baby loss traction, rolled over a couple of times before it turned turtle in a large ditch or something' :D

no seriously, i just din want to find out they have resprayed the car to hide something. also maybe the previous top was torn from a major accident.

its driving great. there are no words to describe the feel of driving the car (especially for a first time porsche owner). but i always run out of road at 3rd or 4th gear. traffic here is getting ridiculous

makes me wonder how would a 997 turbo feel like... man these thing dont end do they?

its really worth every single sen spent. cars down here are really heftily priced. can u guys imagine i had to pay RM 300,000 for my second hand baby which is 8 years old. thats USD 100,000/- !!!

the new 987 costs in excess of USD 200,000/- (basic)

wish there was a site where i can decode porsche color codes though.

thanks a bunch again guys

Edited by 830