Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Ipod integration for Non-MOST vehicles

Is there an iPod solution for a non-MOST 996TT? I don't think the $500 Dension is a valuable purchase for non-MOST cars. Also, I am hoping to integrate Sirius and three Best Buys I've been to haven't been able to help. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ryan

~500 beans to plug in a widget just seems a bit extreme, considering thats about all it does. I'm currently using a Monster fm modulator, but am waiting for this to arrive: http://www.revozport.com/iplug-rds.htm which will plug into the EU radio antenna lead. the next piece is this: http://www.diceelectronics.com/Merchant/me...=i-MOST-Porsche which is the charging cradle, which will be attached to this - http://www.kudausa.com/kuda_mount_and_hold...005-31-308.html KUDA Mount. The last piece might be this: http://sewelldirect.com/Scosche-iPod-Wirel...-Car-Remote.asp If all you are after is the aux inputs the Iplud RDS, or any other wired FM modulator that will hook up to the EU ISO/FAKRA antenna leads will do the trick...

Ultimately this setup will gove me a wired FM Modulator with RDS (displays track info on the radio face) while charging the Ipod, provides a drop-in base unit, attached to a widget holder, and then gets a wireless remote unit that can attach to the steering wheel. All of which came as standard on a buddy's new Ford Ranger 1/4 ton pickup... it's easy to fogure out whicjh is most fun to drive, but why is the Ipod option so much easier for everyone else? Gadz :)

Let us know how you make out - you might have the perfect solution rattling around in there somewhere...

Is there an iPod solution for a non-MOST 996TT? I don't think the $500 Dension is a valuable purchase for non-MOST cars. Also, I am hoping to integrate Sirius and three Best Buys I've been to haven't been able to help. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ryan

If you have the factory CD changer, you could put a source-switcher on its RCA audio lines, and bring in iPod audio that way (and adding a cradle, charging, etc., if desired).

I did this for a friend's '93 nine-eleven Turbo this Winter.

There is a company called Solisto, who make an Ipod interface which works with Becker / CDR units - ive put one into my 996 with a becker 4720 (almost the same as a CDR22) which works excellently - price was about £100 uk - delivered complete with leads. it replaces the Cd changer unit and supplies digital input and charge to the ipod - totally recommend

web site was www.solisto.de

Jon

• 1 month later...
There is a company called Solisto, who make an Ipod interface which works with Becker / CDR units - ive put one into my 996 with a becker 4720 (almost the same as a CDR22) which works excellently - price was about £100 uk - delivered complete with leads. it replaces the Cd changer unit and supplies digital input and charge to the ipod - totally recommend

web site was www.solisto.de

Jon

What is the difference beetween the Solisto's interface and a few $ cable connected on the CD changer port at the rear of the receiver with, on the other side, a connector (stereo 3,5 mm or other) fitting with your player ?