Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How to raise rear window in Cab when top is down

I may be the last person on earth to find this out, but just in case.... If you want the little rear windows up along with the front ones when the top is down, just press your finger in the hole where the latch fits on top of the windshield while pressing the rear window buttons. DUH! (Looks a lot "cooler" that way.) Someone please tell me they didn't know this before :rolleyes:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Thank God somebody figured this out! Thanks Don. I hate the way my CAB looks w/o all 4 windows up. Problem solved :D

ps. to answer your ?, I did not know this either (obviouisly from my reply).

WAY TO GO!

Also a FYI for you guys our car has a motion detector.. when the top is down and you lock the car with the remote the motion detector inside is diabled. If you get out of the car reach over and hold that same switch up as you arm the alarm it will trick into thinking the top is closed and it will arm the motion detector. I dont understand why they would disable this feature when the top is down.. probably don't want to deal with people bringing there cars in for false alarms...

PS The windows still hold up at 120mph :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey this is why you have to own both a Boxster S and a 911...

http://boxsters.addr.com/hacks/red_clip.htm

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/eagleday/inpr1.html

Genuine Boxster Red Clip

The "red clip" fits on top of the windscreen where the cabrio top hook latches. The clip disables the cabrio top to prevent damages if you activate the cabrio top when the cover is installed. Finally, the clip turns the alarm's internal motion sensor on when the top is down. Fits all Boxsters.

How very strange.

Here in the UK, the motion detector, imobiliser and the alarm are

all turned on when the car is locked with the key fob. At least it

is in my car. This is true regardless of the tops up or down position.

Oh yes, and the key fob also allows us to put the top up or down remotely too.

Why do you guys in the states always have to break everything ;)