Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Window hood and central locking not working after flood.

I had a problem with my car it is a 01 us 996 convertible and some how during storm I got flooded.

. It affected the car it was running like in 4 cylinders and the engine light was flashing. I took a sponge and after a wile I remove most of the water didn't wanted to start but after a wile it did. but my windows central locking and trunk release is not working. I check the 3c fuse and it is OK

I suspect that ifs related to a car computer but I hope not since they are very expensive.

Any suggestions I can not reseat the battery since I can't open the hood.

• Moderators

Remove the drivers seat and there is a control unit under it. Remove the control unit, open it up, and dry it out. Also check the fuse on the control unit. Check in the Boxster section as this has been covered several times. Unfortunately the control unit may have been exposed to water and electricity too long and may be fried.

I had a problem with my car it is a 01 us 996 convertible and some how during storm I got flooded.

. It affected the car it was running like in 4 cylinders and the engine light was flashing. I took a sponge and after a wile I remove most of the water didn't wanted to start but after a wile it did. but my windows central locking and trunk release is not working. I check the 3c fuse and it is OK

I suspect that ifs related to a car computer but I hope not since they are very expensive.

Any suggestions I can not reseat the battery since I can't open the hood.

Also, after you resolve the problem, be very sure to clean out your drains so as to avoid a costly re-occurrence.

Loren has posted a diagram of the drains on another thread. You can also look for a post by "Kim", where he did an excellent write-up on how to access, clear and empty the rear drain trays on a 996.

Regards, Maurice.

986 being a roadster, this is a well known issue for us.

When the seat wiring hradness is unplugged , it usually triggers the air bag light.

I haven't seen anyone can repair the alarm module yet, if there is I would really like to know & used one is really rare to come by.

ordering a new alarm module + new key to get programmed(unless u got a code for your old key,highly doubt it) is needed I believe.

Should we consider this fried? Attached pic Why not to remove the sea harness.

Could install a used one, could this be repaired?

Thanks

Edited by juniinc