Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2008 model year is a facelift, so probably nothing significant for the next several years. New engines (direct ignition) and new headlights. I'm very pleasantly surprised at the mileage I've been getting with my '08 S - upwards of 20 MPG on the highway per the OBC on a few occasions. Window sticker says only 19 on the highway. I don't think the earlier V8s did as well

2008 model year is a facelift, so probably nothing significant for the next several years. New engines (direct ignition) and new headlights. I'm very pleasantly surprised at the mileage I've been getting with my '08 S - upwards of 20 MPG on the highway per the OBC on a few occasions. Window sticker says only 19 on the highway. I don't think the earlier V8s did as well

Mine does just over 19 cruising at 70 - 75 mph. If I slow down to 60 - 65, it goes over 20. This is all according to the OBC also - I haven't bothered to work it out myself. I may try that on my next trip.

Mine does just over 19 cruising at 70 - 75 mph. If I slow down to 60 - 65, it goes over 20. This is all according to the OBC also - I haven't bothered to work it out myself. I may try that on my next trip.

Online reports I've seen suggest a "new" Cayenne for 2010 (with possible release as a 2011 model). Just search "Porsche Cayenne 2010" and you will see some images that are referred to as "spy photos" but are more likely computer aided mock-ups based on available info. If the pics are accurate, it really seems more of an evolutionary step to me so if you have an itch I don't think it's necessarily worth waiting for, just get a current model on 2-year lease and trade in when the new ones arrive.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, I just want to know when is the Cayenne going to change face? Or change body?

Thanks,

Clifton

For 2008, there is already a facelifted Cayenne which they call the 957. I'm working on a retrofit kit to facelifts a 2003-2005 to this 2008 look. Available in Turbo and non-Turbo flavors. :-)

Any interest fellas?

Sprint.

• 2 weeks later...

What sort of $$$ would you be talking? I see some great prices on 04/05 Turbos on Ebay at the moment so this may be quite interesting....

By the way, can you not do a proper Porsche part replacement on the front if you were willing to change the fenders?

Hi, I just want to know when is the Cayenne going to change face? Or change body?

Thanks,

Clifton

For 2008, there is already a facelifted Cayenne which they call the 957. I'm working on a retrofit kit to facelifts a 2003-2005 to this 2008 look. Available in Turbo and non-Turbo flavors. :-)

Any interest fellas?

Sprint.

Btw,

I see there are already a couple available:

http://www.myprojectcars.com/product_info....59e1b11df8d8442

http://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG...8&MFGID=284

I still think a low mileage 04 or 05 Turbo would be a good candidate for a nice conversion project if it could be done with the original parts

Cheers,

Edited by ouroboros