Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Greetings:

I have just installed x51 headers on my 2006 C2S. I am convinced that the car runs and sounds smoother. They are an exact replacement for stock. There are six bolts that hold each header to the block. The bolts were removed easily. The only snag I had on installation was some difficulty with the aft most bolt...it was not lining up correctly. I simply loosened the cat clamp to the muffler and the bracket clamp on the cat.....whala...Do yourself a favor and lossen the cat brackets and clamps first..the bolts will easily line up for you.

Have fun

chromedome

Greetings:

I have just installed x51 headers on my 2006 C2S. I am convinced that the car runs and sounds smoother. They are an exact replacement for stock. There are six bolts that hold each header to the block. The bolts were removed easily. The only snag I had on installation was some difficulty with the aft most bolt...it was not lining up correctly. I simply loosened the cat clamp to the muffler and the bracket clamp on the cat.....whala...Do yourself a favor and lossen the cat brackets and clamps first..the bolts will easily line up for you.

Have fun

chromedome

Any pics of old and new?

Greetings:

Have fun

chromedome

Any pics of old and new?

Hi,

No, sorry...if you go to the Europipe website you can see the x51 headers there...they claim the x51s are as good or better than anything you can buy so.... rather than making their own, they use the X51's

Chromedome

Greetings:

Have fun

chromedome

Any pics of old and new?

Hi,

No, sorry...if you go to the Europipe website you can see the x51 headers there...they claim the x51s are as good or better than anything you can buy so.... rather than making their own, they use the X51's

Chromedome

I changed mine out this past weekend too. They were quite easy on my Targa4S, although I wish I had a hoist! I had to loosen a hose clamp to get access to the rear manifold bolt on the passenger side header, and had no problems restarting the bolts. Biggest challenge was getting the new manifold gasket in position during installation of the new manifold. I've got photos that I'll send later this week. I haven't noticed any difference in the headers, but to me the X51 headers just look better (big deal eh?). I also put a PSE system on at the same time, so the main improvement is ability to add noise on demand.

I found exhaust note to be a bit deeper with PSE on, through the X51 headers.... I love it, plus the burble!!

I didn't try the PSE with my old headers, so don't know what the X51 headers may be contributing to the great sound. But it is deeper than I expected, to my (pleasant) surprise.

Previous poster wanted photos. I've attached one showing the stock manifold and the X51 manifold.

post-27796-1215146507_thumb.jpg

What a fantastic photo! the difference is amazing.

I'm having X51 headers and AWE 200 cell cats + softtronic installed tuesday and can't wait!

Thanks for the photo and driver reports

What a fantastic photo! the difference is amazing.

I'm having X51 headers and AWE 200 cell cats + softtronic installed tuesday and can't wait!

Thanks for the photo and driver reports

Please give some feedback after your installations. I think any difference in power will be due to the 200 cell cats and softronic. Of course, by doing everything at once you won't know where the benefit may be coming from.

Is Scott doing (I guess done at this point) the Softtronic install? I'd be curious as to what he thinks the power/torque difference will be. I'm sure he has dynoed this or similar installations.

You should have a BBQ and invite people over to hear the difference. :P

Aside from the torque/power increases, have you noticed any mpg increase?

Sir:

With just the headers, I didn't expect any " power " increase,.... does sound a little " throatier " though. I am running about 94 octane here, mixing 100 octane racing fuel and 91 octane crap gas from Union 76 .. 94 octane net really makes a difference. I plan on adding AWE cats and mufflers next month or two.. will keep all informed. The sound has change though and it seems a little smoother overall...

Chromedome

2006 C2s Carrara White...coupe... my dream car