Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Has anyone ordered these door sill plates?

These door sill plates from Suncoast Porsche look like what I am looking for and a reasonable price. Has anyone ordered these? Are they decent quality? Happy with them?

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant...y_Code=Specials

Well, I didn't order them, they came standard on my 987, in fact the picture in the link is from a 987. :thumbup:

I like them, the look and finish is of course 'factory'... They do scuff up a bit when your shoe hits it either entering or exiting the car so I use 303 Protectant to keep them looking new and this also seems to make the scuffs easier to remove.

It's either the factory units or the carbon fiber after market style...

Thanks Westcoaster. The ones at Suncoast have to be a copy then. I checked out the Porsche prices in Canada and they are outrageous. Around $500 for the standard ones and $1200 for the carbon fibre. I guess I will give them at try for $100 a set.

Hello fellow Canadian!

I too was disappointed to find out the retail price for these at my local Canadian dealer.

I installed these door sills on my 986 last week and I ordered them from Suncoast. They came in factory porsche packaging and appears to be genuine. Suncoast provide an awesome service. B)

Hello fellow Canadian!

I too was disappointed to find out the retail price for these at my local Canadian dealer.

I installed these door sills on my 986 last week and I ordered them from Suncoast. They came in factory porsche packaging and appears to be genuine. Suncoast provide an awesome service. B)

Everything Porsche in Canada is 'stupid expensive', When my salesman offered to get me a deal on the euro-style clear side markers his 'don't tell anyone' price was about a dollar more per marker then the retail US price, Wow! what a deal! :huh:

From the picture I could have sworn (but I didn't), that they were factory... Soopster, they (the Candian dealers) have seen us coming, appearently we are made of money!

Heck most new Porsches are still $20-$30,000 more then the same model in the US, and they wonder why most people buy used from south of the border and bring them home.

I ordered them and installed them on my 986. Very happy with them and a very reasonable price...

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?&...tem&CID=736

These door sill plates from Suncoast Porsche look like what I am looking for and a reasonable price. Has anyone ordered these? Are they decent quality? Happy with them?

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant...y_Code=Specials

• Moderators

When you get them let us know if the are factory or aftermarket parts.

I see Boxster not Boxster S and I thought the 987 base car did not come with sill protectors. Suncoast ids them as 986, but it looks like the 987 protectors except it says Boxster and not Boxster S. Not up on the new cars so I don't know if the base 987 had a sill option and the sill said Boxster.

When you get them let us know if the are factory or aftermarket parts.

I see Boxster not Boxster S and I thought the 987 base car did not come with sill protectors. Suncoast ids them as 986, but it looks like the 987 protectors except it says Boxster and not Boxster S. Not up on the new cars so I don't know if the base 987 had a sill option and the sill said Boxster.

I bought my Boxster new from the dealer, I have the window sticker as well, it doesn't mention anything about sill protetors either. These guys charge for everything so I doubt they were added after delivery for free.

But I do have them, and they look identical to the picture on the SunCoast site.

Edited by Westcoaster