Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Turbo aparently not working well

said

Hey!!

\

really nice forum, it help me yesterday change the oil of my 996 TT,

th car is from 2001, and i noticed that the Turbo was going to just 0.4, maybe 0.5 Bar when i gas it, also, i feel like there are little holes between revs, and the car is not pushing like it should, maybe is spark plugs, but seen this turbo problem, i suspect of this to/.. what can it be?

yesterday i drain the turbo oil too, the question is, the new oil for the turbo is also supplied by the top oil way right? i mean, is the same entrance for the engine oil and the turbo oil?

thanks really

again... nice and good forum

If I don't have access to code readers...When I got a problem like that I always try to eliminate the basics. Air filter, Fuel filter and after that I start working towards leak in the intake which is normally the most probable cause. Look for loose clamps on DV's or failed DV's or misalignment of those valves to the F pipe. Or the throttle valve clamp or turbo clamps are not installed properly. Even leaks at the pressure sensors itself... Before you start to work towards the more difficult possibility like plugs...I don't think your oil change got anything to do with it since you don't touch anything related to turbo boost on an oil change....Normally....And yes the engine oil and turbo oil are the same. Some do drain the turbos oil when they do an oil change some don't. But like Wross said it is hard to understand exactly your problem...It can also be bad fuel....Many many possibilities...

If I don't have access to code readers...When I got a problem like that I always try to eliminate the basics. Air filter, Fuel filter and after that I start working towards leak in the intake which is normally the most probable cause. Look for loose clamps on DV's or failed DV's or misalignment of those valves to the F pipe. Or the throttle valve clamp or turbo clamps are not installed properly. Even leaks at the pressure sensors itself... Before you start to work towards the more difficult possibility like plugs...I don't think your oil change got anything to do with it since you don't touch anything related to turbo boost on an oil change....Normally....And yes the engine oil and turbo oil are the same. Some do drain the turbos oil when they do an oil change some don't. But like Wross said it is hard to understand exactly your problem...It can also be bad fuel....Many many possibilities...

thanks, i did fuel filter, air filter also, i only need to change spark plugs, can you show me in a engine picture where exactly to take a look?

regards

OK why don't you start randomly changing components instead of understanding what the problem is? Your symptoms do not even sound like plugs...sounds like leaks, but if you want to change them out....why not change the coil packs and MAF while you are at it...then of course you will have spent more than enough to get a code reader and understand what the issues are. After you change the plugs and it isn't fixed we'll give you another list.

As you can see from most of the responses....the suggestion is to chase downt the real potential of leaks before you go blowing money, time, and effort on replacing plugs. I had similar problems after a DV install, and guess what...ford clamps on the DV's.