Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Dear all,

I just opened my spoiler (Cayenne S) in an attempt to increase the range of the key remote's reception. See the picture below.

Does the hanging piece of wire look like the wire of the antenna?

TIA.

post-31-1086934619_thumb.jpg

Edited by rting

• Admin

The wire is the radio antenna and box with the white label is the radio antenna booster (one of two).

If you have the Entry & Drive option there is a TSB for some updates for problems. On the D&E option the door handles have some of the triggering problems.

:oops: So, which one is the remote's antenna?  :help:  I do not have Porsche Entry and Drive.  :D

No, I do not have Porsche Entry and Drive. I just wanted to get a better range with my keyfob remote. :D :P

Items 8 and 9 are antennas for the Entry & Drive.

Hi Loren,

There are two item 8's?

I did get slightly better range (like 3 more feet or so) after I repositioned the radio's antenna. Do you know what is the normal range of the keyfob remote? Again, I do not have Porsche Entry and Drive.

Thanks.

Edited by rting

• Admin

There are 3 item 8 antennas and 2 item 9 antennas for Drive & Entry systems per car (according to the parts list). Item 1 is the standard alarm/drive block. I would look at the wires coming out to find an antenna or to see if it uses the radio antenna. There is not a separate antenna listed in the parts list (that I can find).

The item 8 antenna is shown in several locations because it is located in the center console. The position is different for vehicles with four zone heating.

The door handle antennas are not shown in the image.

The item 8 antenna is shown in several locations because it is located in the center console. The position is different for vehicles with four zone heating.

The door handle antennas are not shown in the image.

Wingless,

Do you know where is the keyfob remote's / door opening remote's antenna?

Or, what is the "normal" distance I should expect for the remote?

TIA :)

The original image correctly identifies the key fob antenna.

No idea on the range, except it appears to be too little.

Try changing the preferences to select all doors open and turn the horn beep on. I find these settings help compensate for the poor key fob range.

The original image correctly identifies the key fob antenna.

No idea on the range, except it appears to be too little.

Try changing the preferences to select all doors open and turn the horn beep on. I find these settings help compensate for the poor key fob range.

So which No. 8 and No. 9 items are the keyfob's antenna? None of the items seems to show an exact location.

Selected all doors and horns already.

Edited by rting

So which No. 8 and No. 9 items are the keyfob's antenna?  None of the items seems to show an exact location.

Items 8 and 9 are for the Entry and Drive, not for the key fob.

The wire in the image is for the key fob. It does not appear to show on the exploded diagram. It may be part of the wiring harness.