Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PS2 rain issues

jackchung

I'm having an issue when I drive in the rain. I have PS2 245/35/19 and 305/30/19 on DPS forged wheels. Tread life is aroung 70%. When I hit 70mph in the rain, the car starts to exhibit an odd behavior. It feels like the front wheels are out of balance and the steering wheel starts to shake. As I go faster, the shake becomes violent. So violent that I cannot go past 78mph. In dry, smooth as glass. An alignment was done less than a month ago. I do have a GT2 style wing. Anyone else experience this problem? Solution? Thanks!

I think I know your problem! My friend has very expensive 3-piece Work wheels on his Infiniti G37s and there is a groove between where the wheel sections fit together. When it rains the groove fills with water and at high speed the wheels act out balance because of the extra weight. This is not only annoying but extremely dangerous.

read this reversed lip

If you have reversed lip rims....that could indeed be the issue.

It sounds like this is the issue. I have DPE three piece forged wheels with reversed lip, painted white to match body. Looks great, sucks in the rain! Thanks guys! I'm in Castle Rock and drive frequently in Denver ( I work at Kuni Lexus). If you see a white 996TT with white wheels and a large carbon fiber wing, please wave at me!

Statman, I see you took some pictures in front of Paragon Motors. It was a great store but I guess not profitable. I used to manage the Shane Company so for lunch, visited Paragon for fun. Nice car!

Heh, thanks yeah paragon used to be a regular GTG, however and for whatever reasons they were...uh closed. Kuni...I have bought 10 Lexi over the years...great cars. You should join our rides one of these times....lots of folks from your neck of the woods. My HREs have the same problem...one of the reasons I went with OZ rims....

Statman, I see you took some pictures in front of Paragon Motors. It was a great store but I guess not profitable. I used to manage the Shane Company so for lunch, visited Paragon for fun. Nice car!

Heh, thanks yeah paragon used to be a regular GTG, however and for whatever reasons they were...uh closed. Kuni...I have bought 10 Lexi over the years...great cars. You should join our rides one of these times....lots of folks from your neck of the woods. My HREs have the same problem...one of the reasons I went with OZ rims....

Please call me or email me with any ride events. I would love to go for a drive! Thanks! jack_chung@kunilexus.com (303)434-5313