Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Turned the key and...

Nothing. Tried it the second time and nothing...third time fired right up just like she always does. Checked the battery and it is strong. What could it be, bad ignition switch, bad switch for clutch pedal?

Thanks

Edited by 500

• 1 month later...
Yes, could be ignition switch or clutch switch. If it happens again jumper the clutch switch to eliminate it.

Good thought...I'll either do that or just take it in. Thanks

Loren, can you please respond as to how to 'jumper the clutch switch' I have a 2006 997 4s with exactly the same problem and would appreciate the help! I had a quick look at the clutch pedal but there is not alot of room down there!!

Thanks

Alasdair

Glasgow

Scotland

Yes, could be ignition switch or clutch switch. If it happens again jumper the clutch switch to eliminate it.

Good thought...I'll either do that or just take it in. Thanks

Loren, can you please respond as to how to 'jumper the clutch switch' I have a 2006 997 4s with exactly the same problem and would appreciate the help! I had a quick look at the clutch pedal but there is not alot of room down there!!

Thanks

Alasdair

Glasgow

Scotland

spent quite a bit of time searching using different keywords. Seems that the problem is not widely reported on 997s but found more than one entry for the boxter. Searching for interlock switch porsche did the trick. The problem in the 997 is that the footwell airvent obscures the view. After a bit of wriggling upside down I found the switch right next to the cruise control switch. It is now jumped and life is back to normal!! Thanks for the great forum - have made a donation that is well deserved!

Al