Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

What Tips are these?

I have a 1999 C4 Cab 996. I am trying to determine what Tips I saw. The Tips I saw were funnel shaped. The exit was much larger than stock. It was not a circle next to a circle (like AurthurK’s Tips). Anybody have any ideas?

No....those tips are for a MY02-present (different rear bumper cover). The tips on my MY00CAB are for MY98-01. If you have you heart set on those tips (the dual ovals) then you will have to go aftermarket.

Oh yeah......of course make sure you post pics of whatever you decide!

Good Luck,

Dell

Let me clairfy. What I want is the tips shown on the red car above and the bumper shown on the black car above. Is that possible? - I don't want the oval tips shown on the black car.

No......but anything is possible with the right "alterations" and $$$. Do a search for people that have changed the look pf their car (especially model year changing) and you may get the answer you are looking for.

Are they these?  These are the upgraded tequipment tips.

996 111 981 00

996 111 982 00

Can someone please post a closeup view of these, and maybe a side view? I've never seen them before and I'm interested. Thanks.

b-man

you're welcome b-man. Hope that helps with the decision.

Rob, not sure I remember who sells the tips but I did see a post (not sure if it was here or over at rennlist) where somebody wanted the 02+ C4 tips on their <01 car and posted a pic.

• 3 weeks later...

I have those pipes and they were part of the "Aluminum/Chrome Package" which was an option in 1999 . It includes the pipes, door sills and the aluminum dial. I also have the Gear shift knob and brake handle in leather/aluminum as an option . I got a Certificate of Authenticity with all the options ( details) which includes sport chassis, leather sport seats, Xenon, HIFI sound package,computer , CD player, traction control with ABD and Limited Slip, 18 inch sports wheels etc . Total MSRP was 81,403.00 in 1999.

HarryR 1999 Ce , metallic black with full leather boxter red interior.

MY996,

I think they sell for around 800 or so at the dealer (400+ a tip) but I found my on eBay some time ago and probably paid 1/2 that (400 for both).

Hope it all turns out great for you. Let us know.

Dell

A certificate of Authenticity is a certificate which is issued by Porsche America which shows the information on the car including all the options that is was shipped with, it also shows you the date of manufacture and the MSRP price. Thus if you make modifications or add aftermarket parts / mods to it, it will not be showing on this Certificate. The Certificate will cost you 95 dollars.

HarryR

Well you overpaid by about $90. $1 for the paper and $4 for the postage would be right. Now I understand what you are talking about and I have seen a "COA" (I looked into it when I bought my car and realized what a crock $95 was) and it is nothing more than a gimmick to get suckers to pay $95 for. Back when it was in the $35 is was more reasonable. What difference does it make what options came on the car before OR after purchase? NONE. By the way, you really seem to be wrapped up in numbers. All MY996 was asking about was tips....NOT everything you got on your car plus the option plus what the MSRP for your car was plus etc etc etc.