Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2004 Porsche Cayenne Part Number & Price For Sirius

Hi,

I have a 2004 Porsche Cayenne S with PCM. I read in one of the manuals that Porsche offered the option of satellite radio that year. And that you had a choice of either XM or Sirius satellite radio. Now I cannot stand XM, I love Sirius for a number of reasons (programming, stations, DJ's, shows, etc.). What I want to know is what is the part number for the Sirius (I know they have different part numbers from XM)? How much is it? How easy is it to get installed? Does anyone know a good place here in Florida to do it?

Thank you,

Todd

• Admin

Newsflash - "July 29, 2008, Sirius and XM officially merge as Sirius XM Radio, Inc. Sirius XM chosen as new name."

There are two part numbers depending on whether your car has a CD changer or not.

955.044.902.68 Satellite radio set, XM (INo. QV4) with CD autochanger

955.044.902.67 Satellite radio set, XM (INo. QV4) without CD autochanger

Both have an US MSRP of $750 (without installation). Try Sunset Imports for better pricing.

Contributing Members here have viewing rights to read the 14 page installation instructions TSB from Porsche.

I was looking for the part number for Sirius and not XM. I do have the 6-disc changer in the trunk. I realize they merged as companies, but the programming is still very much different. Sirius is 100 times better. The goal here is to buy the part for the Sirius inexpensively, and then get it installed so that it goes right through the PCM, and to have it installed where I live here in Florida.

Edited by FSUKXAZ

I have Sirius on my 04.

I use a Mobridge Unit to connect to the PCM and use a standard Sirius mobile reciever. Total cost of the parts will be $600.

It works VERY well and sound quality is high

You will not get a plug in for the 04 PCM that will work, it was not capable of taking the recievers that were not available

What you see is what Porsche offers (at this point in time).

Have you talked to a dealer to see what they say is available?

• 11 months later...

I just picked up an 09 Cayenne Turbo S. :lol: I too prefer the Sirius service, but because of how the satellites work. (Check out wikipedia if your interested). Sirius uses 3 satellites that orbit in a north-south figure eight over North America, whereas XM uses 1 equatorial geosynchonous satellite. The upshot of all that is when I am driving through the mountains in Western Canada, which I do alot, the reception is infinitely better on Sirius.

I went to the dealer and you can't even get the XM module yet for PCM3 in the new Cayennes. Only way you can get it now is to order it from the factory. I will check out mObridge.

Thanks

I have Sirius on my 04.

I use a Mobridge Unit to connect to the PCM and use a standard Sirius mobile reciever. Total cost of the parts will be $600.

You will not get a plug in for the 04 PCM that will work, it was not capable of taking the recievers that were not available

So you plug in your sirius receiver through the mobridge (I take it that mobridge has some kind of aux input)? Thinking of getting a ipod/bluetooth mobridge and it would be nice to link an existing sirius head unit directly to PCM versus FM modulation.

exactly works a treat

I have Sirius on my 04.

So you plug in your sirius receiver through the mobridge (I take it that mobridge has some kind of aux input)? Thinking of getting a ipod/bluetooth mobridge and it would be nice to link an existing sirius head unit directly to PCM versus FM modulation.