Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I am a new owner of a GTS, I am trying to determine what ECU upgrades you guys have done to your cars and what manufactures you might recommend. The only one which I have seen available for purchase would be the upsolute chip. adding 30 HP to the GTS. Are there any upgrades that are warrantied by the dealer? Kind of like BMW has dinnan. Or possibly an upgrade that might not receive the highest result but easy to disassemble or hide for scheduled maintenance.

Thanks!

• Admin

You are not going to get much out a normal aspirated engine - IF you get 30 RWHP then that is great. Most vendors exaggerate.

The DME has software that will flag any changes (from factory) settings - so you would need software that can revert back to original. Softronic says they can do that.

You are not going to get much out a normal aspirated engine - IF you get 30 RWHP then that is great. Most vendors exaggerate.

The DME has software that will flag any changes (from factory) settings - so you would need software that can revert back to original. Softronic says they can do that.

I am pretty clueless when it comes to terminologies. DME is an acronym for? Thanks! oh btw for the 30 RWHP do you think it is worth the headache of trying to uphold the warranty?

oh and btw have you heard anything about UPsolute and their products? and Softronic is for restroing factory settings if I understand correctly?

" A guaranty error free tuning software, which behaves itself total neutral at inspections works. Your car will output the same information at the diagnostic tools like it would be in the original condition.

Is this insinuating that the upgrade would be undetectable? lol sorry for the multiple Q's

Is ECU-Tuning detectable during the inspection?

No. Your car dealer can not determine a software modification with his equipment (diagnostic port), since the stock program is used to develop the upgrade, all engine characteristics are original. from " http://www.pwr-tech.com/parts_chiptuning.html "

Do you buy what they are saying?

Edited by Loren
Merged posts

• Admin

Did you see the Glossary link at the top right menu?

Digital Motor Electronics - Porsche's engine management system, the Bosch "Motronic" system, that controls both fuel injection and ignition functions.

Softronic is the only product that I am aware of that can switch back to stock.

The quote about "total neutral at inspections" is untrue. All Porsche DME's since MY2002 have had technology added that can detect an altered DME program.

post-1-1229041134_thumb.png

Upsolute uses a "piggyback chip". Even if the dealers PST or PIWIS does not see - it is physically on the DME (in plain site).

Did you see the Glossary link at the top right menu?

Digital Motor Electronics - Porsche's engine management system, the Bosch "Motronic" system, that controls both fuel injection and ignition functions.

Softronic is the only product that I am aware of that can switch back to stock.

The quote about "total neutral at inspections" is untrue. All Porsche DME's since MY2002 have had technology added that can detect an altered DME program.

post-1-1229041134_thumb.png

Upsolute uses a "piggyback chip". Even if the dealers PST or PIWIS does not see - it is physically on the DME (in plain site).

Good to know, Have you heard of Giac?