Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

B&M shifter purchase

All,

I am sure this has been discussed many times but I would like to get some feedback regarding where and how much $ folks have been recently spending on getting a B&M shifter.

I think I may finally take the plunge and would like to get the best deal out there.

Any info would be greatly appreciated :clapping:

Thank you

• Moderators

They have 23 units on ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

They also sell the EVO shift link and I'm still looking for someone in the San Jose area who wants to install both since we have not yet put in the shift link.

Brandywine also has the B&M unit that bolts to the transmission and you can adjust the reduction. Looking for someone who wants to install that one as well.

I ordered mine from Brandywine last Monday, and they gave me the ebay price without asking for it. Just make sure you order way ahead of installation time. No matter what they say, Fed Ex Ground does not go from PA to SF Bay area in 3 days. I ordered mine last Monday, and it's schedule for delivery tomorrow.

Tool Pants, I will have both EVO shift link and B&M SS by tomorrow. Let me know when is the next Work on Car Day. I can't do the 1st two Sat of Aug though.

• Moderators

This is the oem shift lever which has been removed from the shift tower for a B&M install. The black thing on the end of the lever is the shift cable connector. It is made of plastic. It is attached to the shift lever with a ball joint.

Some people have claimed the cable connector broke on them, but when you question them they really do not know because you cannot see it unless you remove the center console. I have never seen a broken one, just a few beat up ones. But because of the ball joint the connector can pop off the end of the shift lever under aggressive shifting.

The shift link is made of metal and replaces this plastic part. It does not change the operation of the shift. You can even use it with the oem shift.

post-24-1090343309_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

There is a 996 guy on rennlist who bought a shift from the same ebay seller a few months ago. Then he wanted to know why it was black and not blue. The seller is selling them as B&M but at least 2 are the Porsche units. The pictures on the auctions are the B&M unit. I was going to buy one, but with my luck I would get the B&M unit.

How was yours packaged. Did it come in a B&M box shrinked wraped to a picece of card board. Or was it in a plain box and the parts were in a plastic bag.