Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I plan on using my 2004 Cayenne turbo off road with a set of 18'' wheels. I was wondering if anyone knows what the tallest and widest tire I can put on with no rubbing in low position? Not load position.. I am aware this will change my speedo but I don't care. Do you think 31x 9.5 will fit.

• 5 months later...

Hi

Goodyear now make a Wrangler ATR that fits 18"

I currently have Pirelli P-zeros (yep no joke) on my 18" "off road" wheel set and they work well in sand and rock.

I really go off road too! Real hard crawl stuff, my last trip took 3 hours to travel 40km! it was THAT BAD!, boggy soft sand, super bumpy rock, washed out rivers, awesome. Really scratched up the truck.

But riding on air on the turbo was awesome!

Cheers

DS

• 4 weeks later...
I plan on using my 2004 Cayenne turbo off road with a set of 18'' wheels. I was wondering if anyone knows what the tallest and widest tire I can put on with no rubbing in low position? Not load position.. I am aware this will change my speedo but I don't care. Do you think 31x 9.5 will fit.

When you need such info, try the clubtouareg forum, the layout is very similar so similar things as tire sizes will apply. I had a v10 with bfg 265/65x18 which were fantastic and fairly high speed rated for such a great off road tire. you should be able to use the same thing with no issues.

post-46010-1247550604_thumb.jpg

Edited by jwest

Here are some nice all around tires

post-11734-1247662409_thumb.jpg

post-11734-1247662434_thumb.jpg

Nitto ???? Grappler? What size?

285/60/18 they fit just right no abnormal noises nice ride a huge improvement the junk continental $800.00 discount tires

You apparently didn't see the questions marks? ???

Yes, these are the nitto "dune grappler" and are not the best all around tire at all (no offense). they are great on sand but not so great in mud or in rain and would be horrible in snow with the strange blocks and zero siping - when compared to either the nitto terra grappler or the bfg at ko, both of which look better and are more appropriate on the cayenne. the terra will be wider and therefor probably look the best and have a wider contact patch. you can't beat the durability and overall goodness in the bfg though. I have used all of them.

Nitto ???? Grappler? What size?

285/60/18 they fit just right no abnormal noises nice ride a huge improvement the junk continental $800.00 discount tires

You apparently didn't see the questions marks? ???

Yes, these are the nitto "dune grappler" and are not the best all around tire at all (no offense). they are great on sand but not so great in mud or in rain and would be horrible in snow with the strange blocks and zero siping - when compared to either the nitto terra grappler or the bfg at ko, both of which look better and are more appropriate on the cayenne. the terra will be wider and therefor probably look the best and have a wider contact patch. you can't beat the durability and overall goodness in the bfg though. I have used all of them.

Here in florida we have mostly sand very little mud no complaints in the rain so far next time i will give the terra a chance