Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Important Warning on Navigation-DVD Europe...

Hello Dear Community Members!

Please have a look on these two Navigation-DVD's for Europe:

162d578f00f5.jpgef1c01b72531.jpg

The former has been supplied with my car and the latter is the part of "997 044 901 50" Porsche Multipack 08/2007 EU PCM 2.1 (911, Boxter, Cayman) update kit. The total binary comparsion of these two DVD's, recently done by me, showed that they are absolutely 100% identical !!!.

Conclusion: by the time of this post the latest date of Navigation-DVD Europe is 05.2007.

Warning: Dear Users of Navigation-DVD Europe 05.2007, don't spend your money to buy "997 044 901 50" Porsche Multipack 08/2007 EU PCM 2.1 (911, Boxter, Cayman) update kit in order to make an update of your current navigation map. The update kit does not contain any new map and POIs although it's dated 08.2007...

Edited by AKazak

The former has been supplied with my car and the latter is the part of "997 044 901 50" Porsche Multipack 08/2007 EU PCM 2.1 (911, Boxter, Cayman) update kit. The total binary comparsion of these two DVD's, recently done by me, showed that they are absolutely 100% identical !!!.

Conclusion: by the time of this post the latest date of Navigation-DVD Europe is 05.2007.

Warning: Dear Users of Navigation-DVD Europe 05.2007, don't spend your money to buy "997 044 901 50" Porsche Multipack 08/2007 EU PCM 2.1 (911, Boxter, Cayman) update kit in order to make an update of your current navigation map. The update kit does not contain any new map and POIs although it's dated 08.2007...

The same is true for the NA (USA) DVD the contents of 05.2007 (Supplied with MY2008 cars) is the same as the 08.2007 (Sold by the parts department) for those wishing to upgrade from a version prior to 05.2007.

Edited by Nick_USA

Thanks for the post, but this is already common knowledge and i've discussed it a number of times on other threads. The map data is in fact 2006 on the DVD , so its actually even more outdated. The reason Porsche badged the DVD as 08.2007 was because it is now only available as part of a 4 disc update kit whereas it was available as a separate MAP update on its own previously. You may be interested to add your votes to the poll I started , as a means of getting Porsche to release a newer update.

Thanks for the post, but this is already common knowledge and i've discussed it a number of times on other threads. The map data is in fact 2006 on the DVD , so its actually even more outdated. The reason Porsche badged the DVD as 08.2007 was because it is now only available as part of a 4 disc update kit whereas it was available as a separate MAP update on its own previously. You may be interested to add your votes to the poll I started , as a means of getting Porsche to release a newer update.

Did you know that Porsche have just released a new map for the PCM 1, can you believe it PCM 1!!!

PCM1 Update

Thanks for the post, but this is already common knowledge and i've discussed it a number of times on other threads.

I didn't write that this post is new. For new user it's more usefull to see standalone post than dig in long ones... Anyway that's just my opinion.

The map data is in fact 2006 on the DVD , so its actually even more outdated.

Why are you so sure about it? The files on 05.2007 (08.2007) DVD are dated year 2007 (of cource it's not explanation of my point)...

You may be interested to add your votes to the poll I started , as a means of getting Porsche to release a newer update.

I have already voted in your poll, but I think that Porche staff does not read it.

I'm happy to join a NEW NAVIGATION DVD WANTED team!

Edited by AKazak

The actual date stamp may vary from country to country but the Europe DVD is a 2006 date stamp on the file , forget what it says on the front of the DVD , it's the date on the file that counts. As to Porsche reading the thread, thats not the point, its to see how many existing navigation owners are wanting an update and their attitude towards specifying PCM in future as a result. Money talks and porsche will only meet their minimum order quantity from their supplier if they can sell cars with PCM , so if returning customers don't spec pcm , they will have a surplus and make a loss.

FYI (potentially meaningless information) but Europe DVD PCM3 files are dated 20.03.2008 so there is clearly a later database can hardly imagine there is significant cost in creating PCM2.1 compatible file out of that database

FYI (potentially meaningless information) but Europe DVD PCM3 files are dated 20.03.2008 so there is clearly a later database can hardly imagine there is significant cost in creating PCM2.1 compatible file out of that database

Thanks for the update. Are the files still listed as.db files ? I would be interested to see if the map files are actually the same. How did you manage to find the date stamp on the database files for PCM 3 , do you have the DVD ?

Thanks for the update. Are the files still listed as.db files ? I would be interested to see if the map files are actually the same. How did you manage to find the date stamp on the database files for PCM 3 , do you have the DVD ?

Can anyone tell me how many update discs have been issued by Porsche since 10.2004 for PCM2. The actual part nos. would be interesting too.

The part numbers are now discontinued for the PCM 2.1, there is only one navigation update per region and it includes the multimedia update for the PCM as well as the Navigation drive.

For the PCM 2.1 the updates were 05.2005 , 10.2005, 05.2006 , 10.2006 and finally 05.2007. The 05.2007 was repackaged with the multimedia update kit as 08.2007 , though the actual MAP DVD is the same as the earlier 05.2007.

I have not followed the map availability for the PCM 2 and PCM 1 versions , and early version PET catalogue (pre 2008) should throw some light on this. The map updates are listed as spare parts in the Radio / navigation section under electronic components.

I have DVD (997.642.271.50) It says on the cover "Don NOT give to customer under any circumstances" (under penalty of death :) but my dealer doesn't speak English:) files are .db. i dont know how to take picture of tree structure and file names otherwise i would post it

The part numbers are now discontinued for the PCM 2.1, there is only one navigation update per region and it includes the multimedia update for the PCM as well as the Navigation drive.

For the PCM 2.1 the updates were 05.2005 , 10.2005, 05.2006 , 10.2006 and finally 05.2007. The 05.2007 was repackaged with the multimedia update kit as 08.2007 , though the actual MAP DVD is the same as the earlier 05.2007.

I have not followed the map availability for the PCM 2 and PCM 1 versions , and early version PET catalogue (pre 2008) should throw some light on this. The map updates are listed as spare parts in the Radio / navigation section under electronic components.

Thanks for that. I will inform my local OPC as they don't seem to know.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Recently I brought from the USA my Cayenne S and I would like to use the NAVTEQ Europe DVDs.

Will they work with my DVD player or do I have to buy an adaptor?

Thank you,

Dnenes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...