Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Turbo Bumper install

I searched here and found nothing. I asked around on 6speedonline.com, but I can't get clear answers.

I am getting a Turbo bumper from a 2002 TT. It includes the 3 grills, and the lower lip spoiler. Before it is painted, they are blending in the bumper holes for the front plate.

I don't think this is something I can install myself, but if it is, I would be interesting in reading a step by step how to.

I have read that I need to have a body shop trim the metal bumper in front, or paint it back. Which is it?

I read that some needed turbo brake ducts and others couldn't get them to fit, so they just left the stock ones and had a small gap. Which is it?

And last I read that some reused their "eyebrows" (not even sure what part that is) and that others bought "turbo eyebrows". Do I need to buy turbo eyebrows, and if so where is the best (cheapest) place to get them.

Anything else I should know about the swap or should tell the body shop?

Is it worth purchasing and having the body shop install the 3rd radiator at this time?

Thanks in advance for help with this.

Hey Jenner, I think Don has the same front you are putting on. I would agree with Loren, Don is your guy. As for the 3rd radiator, do you see your temp in above average levels when you are driving around town or more importantly when you are tracking the car? That will help answer your question. Out here in Vegas I would definately install the 3rd RAD if I was going to live here longer than 1 more year. But since I am moving back to NoVa next summer I am going to pass on the 3rd RAD kit. Hope this helps a bit.

Dell

Based on pics of Dons car he has '99 style headlights. I have a 2003, so I am guessing the two are quite different.

Can anyone tell me anything about the eyebrows or other necessary parts? I'd like to have all of the parts ahead of time for the body shop.