Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Pointers on troubleshooting a leaking top

Well I woke up this morning to find dampness in the car behind the driver's seat. I know the computer is back there so this greatly concerns me. I've checked the drain for the top and it is clear and could not find any areas where it appeared water was getting in. I did park sideways and the right front would have been about 6 inches lower so I don't know if that could be the problem?

I have a 2003 with the glass rear window and could not find any leaks near the window itself. Any other areas I need to be checking? I'm expecting rain again tonight.

Okay, I think I found my issue thanks to an old post I found. This morning when I found the dampness I started looking at the foal drain trays and drain holes and while accessing them I noticed two cips where the top material should be attached and the driver's side was not in the clip. I attached it and just moved on not thinking that it may have been my problem.

This afternoon I found a post from July of last year where this was the problem for another individual. I'll know for sure tonight but I have dried the area as much as possible and verified that the area where the immobilizer computer is located is bone dry.

If things are wet again tomorrow I will do the tupperware mod until I can find my problem.

This may seem like a dumb question but how do I access the bolts on the front of the seat rails to remove it? I can easily get to the two bolts on the back rail but the front ones appear to be covered by a plastic molding that I don't want to force and break.

Having just got the car I'm a bit rattled to already have an issue, hopefully this fixed it and I can go on and enjoy it.

Thanks

The plastic "covers" pull straight out. I have had to use a common screwdriver to carefully get them started then used my fingers to complete the job. They a little "fiddly" to get them square when you push them back on.

Bill

The plastic "covers" pull straight out. I have had to use a common screwdriver to carefully get them started then used my fingers to complete the job. They a little "fiddly" to get them square when you push them back on.

Bill

Thanks Bill!