Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

996 to 997 Headlight Conversion Need Help with Wire Diagram

studio1.jpg

studio2.jpg

I have converted my car from a 996 TT into a 997TT. The headlights bolted in to the stock harness. So far I got everything to work except the High Beam?

Does anyone have the wire diagram of the headlights harness on the 996TT, and know where the high beam control is.

I would also need the wire diagram of the 997 Headlight so I can switch the high beam pins over.

Thanks in advance.

Loren that image you posted is that the 996 wire harness pins or the back of the 997 headlight pins?

You asked for a diagram of the 996TT headlight pins - that is what I posted.

Loren,

Do you also happen to have the wire diagram of the 997TT headlight pins just like the 996 once you posted.. I need to find out which pins on the 997 head light are for the high beam so I can move the pins on my 996 over to make it work.

Thanks for all your help.

Edited by iforged

Is the Green 997 your 996 after the conversion? If it is, Wow, that looks great! Who did you go through for the parts?

Yes that green car is my 2001 Porsche Turbo, that I converted from 996 to 997. I used all Porsche OEM factory parts for the rear. The fronts are Conversion Fenders from Misha. The rest of the parts are Techart parts from Germany

• 3 months later...
Loren that image you posted is that the 996 wire harness pins or the back of the 997 headlight pins?

Hi can yo tell me if the wiring diagram you posted for the 996 tt is the same as in the carrera 2 pre fcelift? if not do you have it?

• Admin

Hi can yo tell me if the wiring diagram you posted for the 996 tt is the same as in the carrera 2 pre fcelift? if not do you have it?

No, the early 996 and facelift 996 use different headlights.

Please do a search on the site for facelift conversions and headlights.