Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Anyone use the JVT headers shown on Ebay? Pretty good price but wondering about quality and any improvement in performance.

One thing I have been surprised about is the high price of headers from main suppliers.

Anyone use the JVT headers shown on Ebay? Pretty good price but wondering about quality and any improvement in performance.

One thing I have been surprised about is the high price of headers from main suppliers.

Good question. I have seen many and varying prices and they all look like the same maker. Thought I would give them a try :angry: What a mistake! I fought with them for days and finally got all bolts

to line up...As I began to torque them down, it became obvious that the end holes are drilled too close to the the outlet pipe, and by the time you (I) notice that the bolt is cocked and cross threading. It also appeared that they hang lower than the name brands, and will likely hit bottom in certain conditions. I will humbly admit after all that work and loud exhaust leaks I ended up spending several hundred dollars for a flatbed to the dealer, and more to re-install and tap out the cross threaded holes! Maybe I am just an idiot...But iI have installed many items, and had no luck with these. If you look at the pictures closely, you can see that the end holes are too close for the bolt head to clear.

I have seen on Vertex website, a reasonably priced SCHNELL ($299) set, that looks more like a factory fit....Once I shake off the horror of stripping out my manifold, I may try those :)

Good luck

My advice is to just get the X 51 headers from Porsche. They are not pretty but fit perfect and will increase performance. Also they are reasonable price.

here is a link from Suncoast.

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant...ode=997sexhaust

From what I have read none of the aftermarket companies have made a header that performs better than the X 51.