Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Part Number Request

Hi Loran,

Can I get the part numbers for the T25 Torx screw and rubber/metal nut that secure the plastic panels that cover the pollen filter area (passenger side) and washer fluid filler area (driver side).

I need the part number for the screws the attach the top intake air filter housing lid to the bottom air filter housing assembly.

Finally, I need the part number for the two hold-down screws for the battery plastic cover.

These are all for a 2003 996 C2.

Thanks much!

John

• Admin

What happened did someone over-torque the rubber nutserts? (ask me how I would know ;) )

999 500 092 00 are the rubber nutserts

Unfortunately Porsche does not list the screws for the air cleaner separately (see image below).

999 590 045 40 are the battery cover hold down (plastic) screws

999 590 046 40 are the small plastic inserts they turn into (just in case)

air_cleaner.gif

Hi Loran,

Thanks for the follow-up on the part numbers. Laugh! No, not this time, I didn't over torque the screws. I'd like to design some nice knurled thumb screws to replace these pieces using CAD/CAM Pro Engineer. This would make it a little easier to remove the plastic covers. Your thoughts on this...

Regards,

John

• Admin

Yeah, those sound nice as long as they don't vibrate loose and rattle around in the trunk. The little rubber nutserts do pull out pretty easily so yo might want to make them small enough that you can't get too much torque on them. (IMHO)