Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

1999 boxster front hood latch

I have a 1999 Porsche Boxster with a front hood that I can't get open! The manual hood release cable has tension and I can hear it clicking when I pull on the front hood lever next to the driver seat but the hood won’t open! The hood release latch/mechanism may be jammed? How do I get it open?

• Admin
I have a 1999 Porsche Boxster with a front hood that I can't get open! The manual hood release cable has tension and I can hear it clicking when I pull on the front hood lever next to the driver seat but the hood won’t open! The hood release latch/mechanism may be jammed? How do I get it open?

:welcome:

Try having a 2nd person press and pull as you operate the release mechanism.

<_<

Thanks for the advice, but as murphy would have it, it didn't work.. It looks as if the hood release latch isn't disengaging. Short of using a crowbar, I may have to take it in to the nearest Porsche dealer and have them fix this for me, ouch!

I wound up taking the Boxster to the dealer and they replaced the latch mechanism, But thank you Loren for your help.

Edited by coltonboxster

<_<

Thanks for the advice, but as murphy would have it, it didn't work.. It looks as if the hood release latch isn't disengaging. Short of using a crowbar, I may have to take it in to the nearest Porsche dealer and have them fix this for me, ouch!

I wound up taking the Boxster to the dealer and they replaced the latch mechanism, But thank you Loren for your help.

Hi, ok maybe the cable is out of order. But there is a second cable for a emergency opening for the front hood.

The best way to find those cable is to disconect the front wheel on the right side (co-driver).

when you look into the wheel housing on the right side you must find a cable with an grommet on the end of the cable. Maybe you have to disconect the plastic. pull the cable and normaly the hood must open.

SORRY for my bad english. I'm from Germany.

Regards Mario

<_<

Hi, ok maybe the cable is out of order. But there is a second cable for a emergency opening for the front hood.

The best way to find those cable is to disconect the front wheel on the right side (co-driver).

when you look into the wheel housing on the right side you must find a cable with an grommet on the end of the cable. Maybe you have to disconect the plastic. pull the cable and normaly the hood must open.

SORRY for my bad english. I'm from Germany.

Regards Mario

Thank you Mario. The dealer replaced the latch assembly.

Have a good day,

ColtonBoxster