Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

check engine light

Hey guys,

Unlucky night, dropped a girl off at her home, then when on the way back my check engine light came up.

Idles fine ( slight hovering between 700 and 800, but wasn't sure if this was normal) , engine sounds smooth, revved up real high

on the highway drive home, smooth as butter. My 1998 2.5 always had a small hesitation on 2nd gear around 2-3 rpm when i floor it from stopped position , very audible. 2 nights ago i ran the car hard for around 2 hours on mountain pass roads with a friend, engine temp was normal, took a rest on in the mid section for around 30 mintues, started the car and there was a audible clicking sound that was more audible by the drivers side. After revving it up a bit, the sound just disappeared. Ran it hard downhill to see if there any serious problems with the car, the car performed great. (note, at this time the check engine was not on yet). Drove the car whole day next day and the sound never reappeared again on start-ups, and i must have started the car more than 5 times that day. Going to get it checked out Monday. Engine oil normal, temp normal, idle fairly normal as far as i can recall, car runs great, engine idle sounding normal. Any preliminary guesses before I get the codes?

Thanks Guys

Rui

Hi guys,

I'm back with the error codes

16 - Sensor aging behind Cat. Conv., Cy (1-3)

17 - same as above

95 - Shut off valve activated.

Mechanic cleared the fault codes for me and said to drive it more to see if it pops up again, if it does, will need to get new O2 sensors. Now note, i was conversing in mandarin with these guys, so the o2 sensor is a direct translation. For the above fault codes, what am i looking at here?

Relieved,

Rui

Edit* Just searched the forum, seems like a common fault with the sensor aging. The next time it pops up going to change it, or do you guys suggest just changing it now? Will I experience a decrease in driving performance or will it be bad for my engine?

Edited by Rui725

• Admin

P1275 Aging of Oxygen Sensor Ahead of Catalytic Converter (Cylinders 1 - 3) - Below Lower Limit

P0139 Aging of Oxygen Sensor After Catalytic Converter (Cylinders 1 - 3)

Potential fault cause:

- Oxygen sensor

P0446 EVAP Canister Shutoff Valve (Function) - Below Lower Limit

Potential fault cause:

- Purge air line blocked.

- Flow resistance of EVAP canister too high.