Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Ontario (Canada) Emissions Test

I'm due for my Ontario (Canada) emissions test this year when I renew my plates. Any advice of things I should do before the test to help passing?

Any thoughts on those "guaranteed-pass fuel additives" on a Boxster engine?

Why wouldn't you pass? it's stock right? I get them to do a 2 stage test. (no rollers) My 02 passed 4 days ago.

imho, I wouldn't put any of that crap in my tank.

I'm due for my Ontario (Canada) emissions test this year when I renew my plates. Any advice of things I should do before the test to help passing?

Any thoughts on those "guaranteed-pass fuel additives" on a Boxster engine?

I guess I'm just nervous since I had a car when the Drive Clean first started that did not pass. I was lucky at the time that I had a good mechanic and he didn't charge me much to resolve things cheaply. I had to have the exhaust manifold scraped/cleaned to remove the carbon build up to make it pass. There are lots of reasons a stock car won't pass emissions though.

Sputter, I see you are Bowmanville. I'm in the east end as well. Any local activities you have found in the east end? I joined UCR PCA last year but haven't had time as yet to make it out to any events but they all seem west end based.

Edited by soopster

It seems all the stuff aside from track events are Toronto-centric.

Also, it seems to me that the UCR club caters more to the "wine spritzer" set. Little to no DIY articles in the club mag. I joined more for the Pano club mag than for the UCR. Wine tasting, How to catch a budgie (last months Provo mag) doesn't interest me at all. (I'm more of a redneck lol)

Check out the Canadian section on Rennlist.com. It's more active and has some get-togethers etc.

Jim

I guess I'm just nervous since I had a car when the Drive Clean first started that did not pass. I was lucky at the time that I had a good mechanic and he didn't charge me much to resolve things cheaply. I had to have the exhaust manifold scraped/cleaned to remove the carbon build up to make it pass. There are lots of reasons a stock car won't pass emissions though.

Sputter, I see you are Bowmanville. I'm in the east end as well. Any local activities you have found in the east end? I joined UCR PCA last year but haven't had time as yet to make it out to any events but they all seem west end based.

soopster

I just had my 1998 Boxster tested. The CEL light is on and I am trying to diagnose the cause but was out of time and had to test to get the plate renewed. I cleared the codes and took the car in for the test. It passed without issue.

I ALWAYS use Sunoco's Ultra 94 octane premium gas. The guy at the test center mentioned that "these cars always pass".

Don't sweat it. It is not a 1973 AMC Gremlin. You should be fine.

Tom

I did my emission month or two back with a Fabspeed catback, passed with flying colours. I only use Ultra94 as well (so was the original owner), if that matters.

Any of you guys going to the fun run on June 7th?

I'm not into wine tasting either! :P

Edited by ekam

It's one of the many PCA events, basically an organized cruise if you will. You have to sign up for a spot ahead of time but this one is already full. They do this couple of times a year with different organizers and locations. You can check the Provinz or PCAUCR site for the fun run schedule.