Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Boxster with PDK 0-60 in 4.3 seconds?

Just saw the latest Car and Driver comparison between Boxster S, Z4, Audi TTS and Corvette

I didn't expect Boxster to tie with vette on 0-60. Just shows you what PDK can deliver....I think this pretty much seals the deal for me :)

rcman

Edited by Loren
made video viewable here

tell me about it! I have to believe this will have an impact on customers who have been on the fence towards Vette (or even M3?) Though I guess at this price point Z06 is the more realistic competitor. But still.... that's really impressive and helps justify the price tag. Esp considering that this essentially puts it in the acceleration realm of where 911 was, what, a year ago? (before PDK)

Edited by rcman100

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The Boxster S with PDK I was loaned for a week was undoubtedly shatteringly quick, but the 19" wheels some fool specced were too large and harsh, and grip was more of a problem than my more powerful 911.

Compared to the 911, it was cheap, noisy and lost grip without much provocation, but boy did it go!

Wifey has an earlier Boxster 3.4S with the five speed auto box and 18" wheels, a far nicer car all round, if not quite as quick.

Manual cars are nicer, other than in heavy traffic.... thumbup.gif

• 5 months later...

The Boxster S with PDK I was loaned for a week was undoubtedly shatteringly quick, but the 19" wheels some fool specced were too large and harsh, and grip was more of a problem than my more powerful 911.

Compared to the 911, it was cheap, noisy and lost grip without much provocation, but boy did it go!

Wifey has an earlier Boxster 3.4S with the five speed auto box and 18" wheels, a far nicer car all round, if not quite as quick.

Manual cars are nicer, other than in heavy traffic.... thumbup.gif

I just traded in my 986 w/5 speed for a 2010 987S with 18 Cayman II wheels and of course a PDK trans. I can write about my impressions between the 2 if anyone wants. I will always have a PDK from now on. This is my 6th Porsche.

I got 4.27 0-60 and 7.56 0- 100 on a 2010 Boxtser S.

Just saw the latest Car and Driver comparison between Boxster S, Z4, Audi TTS and Corvette

I didn't expect Boxster to tie with vette on 0-60. Just shows you what PDK can deliver....I think this pretty much seals the deal for me :)

rcman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I recommend PDK and chrono package to all new Porsche customers. I own a Boxster S 2009 and my previous car was a Cayenne Triptronic. (Totally different cars)

I don’t accept magazines 0-60 times. They are just indicators not absolute figures.

In the real world you will be surprised of performance variance, positive or negative.

From my experience when you engage sport+ you can easily take the lead from fiberglass toys or 3.8 triptronic/manual beetles : )

• 1 month later...

Just traded my 2008 Carrera S (6-speed) for a 2011 Boxster with PDK -- no complaints here. For 60% of my previous monthly note (lease), the car feels every bit as good to the Carrera if not better. The acceleration is outstanding, the chassis is incredible rigid for a convertible and the handling is so much more "user-friendly". I would love to compare the Boxster to a 911 in the track and I believe the Boxster would win. Just my 0.02

• 3 months later...
Guest AVIONIX

Just traded my 2008 Carrera S (6-speed) for a 2011 Boxster with PDK -- no complaints here. For 60% of my previous monthly note (lease), the car feels every bit as good to the Carrera if not better. The acceleration is outstanding, the chassis is incredible rigid for a convertible and the handling is so much more "user-friendly". I would love to compare the Boxster to a 911 in the track and I believe the Boxster would win. Just my 0.02

If you bought a 2011 Porsche, then you've put in more than just your $.02 :)