Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2008 C2 Steering Wheel Alignment

Guest longene.leonard@yahoo.com

• Admin
I joined the Renntech site today as I've found it impossible to find a down loadable shop manual for my Porsche 997 2008 C2. The car recently hit 6000 miles, so I decided to run the Snake on hwy 421 from Shady Valley TN to Mountain City.

After running the car hard, and hitting redline in second gear three or times, I had thrown wheel weight off two wheels, and the clutch felt very different (Vibrates when I push pedal). Also, the four wheel alignment was way off. I had a four wheel alignment done this week, but the steering wheel is still way off center.

Question One: Why did the dealer not set the steering wheel straight as its very distracting? Also, the car now pulls to the right.

Question Two: While the clutch felt very different after redlining the car several times, it has not felt right since new. Could it be that it was not setup correctly from the factory? What should do?

Rick Hill Import did not do a proper job. I'm going to take the car to Greenboro NC. They are a Ferrari, Porsche, Aston, Maserati Dealer, and Jason the service manager said he would sort the steering wheel alignment. But I'm still worries about the steering wheel/pull to the right, and the clutch. Should I just trade for the 2010 GT3?

Thanks,

LonGene

Johnson City TN

:welcome:

What you are describing is definitely something the dealer (or a dealer) should fix under warranty.

... of course if they offer you a great deal on a new GT3 I'd take it.

I joined the Renntech site today as I've found it impossible to find a down loadable shop manual for my Porsche 997 2008 C2. The car recently hit 6000 miles, so I decided to run the Snake on hwy 421 from Shady Valley TN to Mountain City.

After running the car hard, and hitting redline in second gear three or times, I had thrown wheel weight off two wheels, and the clutch felt very different (Vibrates when I push pedal). Also, the four wheel alignment was way off. I had a four wheel alignment done this week, but the steering wheel is still way off center.

Question One: Why did the dealer not set the steering wheel straight as its very distracting? Also, the car now pulls to the right.

Question Two: While the clutch felt very different after redlining the car several times, it has not felt right since new. Could it be that it was not setup correctly from the factory? What should do?

Rick Hill Import did not do a proper job. I'm going to take the car to Greenboro NC. They are a Ferrari, Porsche, Aston, Maserati Dealer, and Jason the service manager said he would sort the steering wheel alignment. But I'm still worries about the steering wheel/pull to the right, and the clutch. Should I just trade for the 2010 GT3?

Thanks,

LonGene

Johnson City TN

I'm afraid it's hard to find even the owner's manual of 997.1, let alone the shop manual.

• Admin

Thanks,

LonGene

Johnson City TN

I'm afraid it's hard to find even the owner's manual of 997.1, let alone the shop manual.

We have the MY06 and MY07 997-1 Owner's Manual here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So, Foreign Cars International (New Name??) in Greensboro exceeded my Expectations!! The steel is sits straight, and they detailed the car better than the dealer in Walnut Creek CA where I bought the car. Also, the rear right tire had a high road force, but was in spec after they moved the tire. The front right failed the road force, and they suggested asking Pirelli to replace both fronts at no charge due to the low miles.

I will never take my car back to Rick Hill. 300 dollar lesson.

anyone knows how to align the steering wheel? I just replaced my 4 spoke to a 3 spoke wheel. And not sure why it kept on pulling to the right..any suggestions?? thanks. By the way, I got the steering wheel from one of the members here...Great deal!! A very nice upgrade!!! Thanks Eric!!!

If all you did was change the steering wheel (and you marked the old position and aligned the new wheel on the spines) then there is no reason for the car to pull to one side.

yes, but the old one was off as well so I had to change its position when I installed the new one. but now it was over to the right. I did however removed and re-install an hour ago and now it is much better but still a little off.. :( ...thanks for the response!