Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

996 ROW M030 kit numbers

Loren,

I recently purchased an ROW M030 kit from Sunset. I verified that all the numbers of the parts that I received matched a printout of the Porsche Tequipment parts table that I found on Pelican Parts. I assumed the numbers from the Tequipment list were for the ROW set up. I confirmed this PN by going to the Suncoast Porsche website and clicking on the ROW M030 kit for sale. That shows the same kit part number as what I ordered (000 044 500 19). After I installed all of these I wanted to look at the differences in each of the shocks and springs per Porsche part number. What I found is that the part numbers on the Tequipment list matched the US M030. So are the ROW and US M030 the same? I have a 2000 C2 Tiptronic.

Kit part number 000 044 500 19

ROW M030 US M030 US Stock

Front spring 996 343 531 11 996 343 531 11 996 343 531 01

Front strut 996 343 041 16 996 343 041 16 996 343 041 04

rear spring 996 333 531 12 996 333 531 12 996 333 531 37

rear shock 996 333 051 13 996 333 051 13 996 333 051 04

I am interested in this because I am not happy with the suspension. The car corners great now but every bump in the road is slammed through the cabin. I wanted to see how different regular Bilsteins would be if I ordered those. Interestingly, the Bilstein site shows two sets of M030. One has Porsche PN references. All of the PNs relate directly to the US M030 kit. So I guess that indicates that, even though Porsche shows a lot of shock\strut variations for the US kit depending upon year and coupe\cab, but they are all the same shock.

Can you help confirm if I ordered the right thing and got the ROW kit.

Thanks

• Admin

Those are RoW M030 part numbers for your model car. That is exactly the RoW kit for a 2000 C2 with Tiptronic. I think your US part numbers are all wrong.

My parts list is dated July 1, 2009 - so it is current.

Some of the swaybars are the same from US and RoW but almost always the springs, helper springs and struts are different.

Those are RoW M030 part numbers for your model car. That is exactly the RoW kit for a 2000 C2 with Tiptronic. I think your US part numbers are all wrong.

Some of the swaybars are the same from US and RoW but almost always the springs, helper springs and struts are different.

I'm also doing my research on the parts kit numbers for my 96, which is a 1999 C2 Tiptronic. So far I've found that the ROW M030 kit is 000 044 500 19. But I would like to find out the kit number for X74 for my car. Can anyone tell me the correct X74 kit number for my car?

Thanks!

• Admin

I'm also doing my research on the parts kit numbers for my 96, which is a 1999 C2 Tiptronic. So far I've found that the ROW M030 kit is 000 044 500 19. But I would like to find out the kit number for X74 for my car. Can anyone tell me the correct X74 kit number for my car?

Thanks!

Porsche does not recommend X74 for cars older than MY2002.

In MY02 Porsche strengthened the chassis for the stiffer sport suspensions.

Thanks!

I see. ok, that would definitely make a difference. But is the X74 really much firmer than M030 such that the earlier chassis can't take the increase in suspension stiffness?

In anycase, I was searching for the part numbers for both M030 and X74 for my car and I came up with 000 044 500 19 (M030) and 000 044 500 33 (X74), and when I searched prices for these kits, the list prices were the same. This is strange, cos I had always assumed that the X74 was more expensive. Or did I get the part numbers wrong?

• Admin

Thanks!

I see. ok, that would definitely make a difference. But is the X74 really much firmer than M030 such that the earlier chassis can't take the increase in suspension stiffness?

Yes, that is why Porsche does not recommend it.

In anycase, I was searching for the part numbers for both M030 and X74 for my car and I came up with 000 044 500 19 (M030) and 000 044 500 33 (X74), and when I searched prices for these kits, the list prices were the same. This is strange, cos I had always assumed that the X74 was more expensive. Or did I get the part numbers wrong?

You won't find X74 part number for your model year car - because X74 was not made for your model year car.

You can try another kit - but you are on your own and be aware that unmatched suspension components can cause unusual and strange handling problems (not to mention tire wear).

Thanks!

You won't find X74 part number for your model year car - because X74 was not made for your model year car.

You can try another kit - but you are on your own and be aware that unmatched suspension components can cause unusual and strange handling problems (not to mention tire wear).

Hi Loren,

ok, I undestand. But is 000 044 500 33 the full X74 kit for '02-'04 996 RWD Coupe Tiptronic?

Thanks.

• Admin

Thanks!

Hi Loren,

ok, I undestand. But is 000 044 500 33 the full X74 kit for '02-'04 996 RWD Coupe Tiptronic?

Thanks.

No that is the RoW M030 kit.

000 044 500 35 is the X74 kit for a 2WD Coupe.

Thanks!

Hi Loren,

Thanks.

No that is the RoW M030 kit.

000 044 500 35 is the X74 kit for a 2WD Coupe.

Thanks Loren.

So to summarize, should I choose ROW M030 for my car, I should get 000 044 500 19, but avoid X74. But I could consider PSS9, right? Can I assume that suspension stiffness of the PSS9 sits somewhere between ROW M030 and X74?

I just want to add that this forum is really a good resource for new owners like me.