Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

HELP! My windows wont roll up...

I have a 99 Boxster with some very minor modifications including a replacement glass top which has been on for about a year now.

In the last 3 or 4 months when I put the top up the windows refuse to roll all the way up. This happen speratically and if I played a bit with the microswitch (pushed it in a bunch of times with my finger) it would sometimes let me roll the windows up. In the last week this trick stopped working.

I purchased a new microswitch (the sensor where the top latches) and put it in thinking it would resolve my problem. NOPE.

Now I dont have any other ideas as to what the problem might be.

FYI the light on the dash that shows that the top is being put up or down does turn off when the top reaches its locking position.

Any help would be awesome

Edited by ercc

I have a 99 Boxster with some very minor modifications including a replacement glass top which has been on for about a year now.

In the last 3 or 4 months when I put the top up the windows refuse to roll all the way up. This happen speratically and if I played a bit with the microswitch (pushed it in a bunch of times with my finger) it would sometimes let me roll the windows up. In the last week this trick stopped working.

I purchased a new microswitch (the sensor where the top latches) and put it in thinking it would resolve my problem. NOPE.

FYI the light on the dash that shows that the top is being put up or down does turn off when the top reaches its locking position.

Is it only on one side??

Is it only on one side??

Both Sides

Disconnect the battery for a few seconds - then reset the up and down of the window travel holding the button for fully up and then fully down for a few seconds after the window has reached its full travel.

Most electronics are suseptable to logic circuit confussion from time to time - If this does not correct it then either there remains an issue with the new microswitch in the top latch. a break in one of the wires that attach to the microswitch or a bad connection on the new microswitch or it may be the microswitch on the exterior door handle has come adrift.

Inside the door just above the lock is a microswitch - as you pull the exterior handle upwards the handle inside moves downwards and contacts a microswitch which tells the windows to drop a bit to allow the door to open, These microswitches are simply held in place by two push in plastic pins - they can and do come loose occassionally, each microswitch controlls the window for that door.