Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Passenger side Airbag fault

Hi to all of Renntech,

I open this topic because I think that someone would help me to solve the problem.

Car: Cayenne S model 2005

Last week, I got the light of Airbag on. The only thing that I can say that I moved the passenger seat. I connected Durametric cable and I get this message P1218 (passenger side airbag). I tryed to reset but, it is still present, so I think that maybe the connector under the seat. Can anyone give me more information to solve the problem. I red somewere that I have to check this connection.

Let me know something.

Best regards

Pietro

You need to have a proper look under the seat. Sometimes the wiring harness isn't secured correctly and gets damaged when the seat is adjusted. Open each connection and clean with a quality electrical contact cleaner- just follow the instructions on the can and be sure it's safe for plastics. Be sure the ignition key is removed before performing any work.

You need to have a proper look under the seat. Sometimes the wiring harness isn't secured correctly and gets damaged when the seat is adjusted. Open each connection and clean with a quality electrical contact cleaner- just follow the instructions on the can and be sure it's safe for plastics. Be sure the ignition key is removed before performing any work.

Hi I'm back, I call de dealer in Milan: Incredible they said I have to pay because there is no service action for my car!!!! I can't believe this!!

Technical Service Bulletins are not recalls. They are released to address common known issues and provide the techs with a repair to solve problems areas. If the vehicle is off warranty you'll have to pay for the repair.

As you have just purchased the vehicle, call the seller and ask if he is willing to help in the repair.

HI! I Alex from Porsche Israel. What do you need to do. Under the seat you can see yellow connector ( airbag system). But to get it you need disassemble the seat ( that means open four bolts and put on it on the backrest) . After that you must to cut connector (mother and father) and after that to weld them. Remember to isolate good the wires!!! It is important. After this procedure make hard reset and be happy!

HI! I Alex from Porsche Israel. What do you need to do. Under the seat you can see yellow connector ( airbag system). But to get it you need disassemble the seat ( that means open four bolts and put on it on the backrest) . After that you must to cut connector (mother and father) and after that to weld them. Remember to isolate good the wires!!! It is important. After this procedure make hard reset and be happy!

Hi Alex,

I solved the problem, I just secure better the yellow connector under the seats and then with durametric i cleared teh fault.

thanks a lot

Pietro

• Moderators

Don't worry spadaco, the fault will come back after a while, gagama got it right. There are 2 or 3 yellow connectors on each seat to cut out and re solder the wiring.