Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Looking at buying a 06 cayenne s have some questions(air suspension-re

MY Father is looking to pick up 06 cayenne s

and i have a couple of questions which you guys hopefully will answer for me

which packages were the best also was air suspension avaliable on all of them? and which is better the air suspension or regular which has less problems etc

i know some came with different features i would like to know what they are thanks alot

and another question is if he gets 06 and warantte is ending soon how much is it around to extend it?

Navigations are thwey all same or some are better then others .did all of them read mp3 and have bluetooth

thanks alot

Edited by lex99frc

My wife has a 04 S with the air suspension. We bought the car used not knowing it even came with this option. You can order them either way. I think the turbo's come with it as standard. Here is my opinion after owning the car for 3 years. Is it a nice feature? Yes in some ways. It's nice that you can change the ride height. It has 5 levels to choose from. 1. Loading- level only when parked (or below 5mph). 2. Sport- for highway speeds (drops in when ~78mph and back up to normal when <~50mph) or manual override. Looks nice at this level to. 3. Normal- for everyday. 4. Terrain- for off road. 5. Super terrain- for extreme off-road (I think it locks the drive tran when selected).

We have never used to level 4 or 5 besides just seeing what it looks like. I have never driven a cayenne with regular suspension but I often wonder if the ride is better. I have driven BMW X5's with regular suspension and I personally think they ride better. I feel more connected with the road, more solid, more stable. The Porsche feels bouncy when in sport and too floaty when in normal. This may be just me or maybe just the 04's. Others may feel the same, I don't know. We have not had any problems with the air bags so far but there certainly is more to go wrong. If I where to go buy a new one today I think I'd opt out of the air ride, especially if the ride height/stance looked good in the cayenne w/out the air ride. I hope this gives you a better idea towards your decision.

Regards,

Scott

I remember the air suspension was a big demand and hard to find back in 2005 when I purchased mine. Other than the price ($3K+), I don't have any negative feelback after 5 years of ownership. I do not have any comparison but was told many times that the air suspension ride quality is a lot better than the standard suspension.

The 06 was the first year you can play MP3 data files from the NAV. I don't know about theindash CD player or the bluetooth.

I have had Air Suspencion from new, the ride is so much superior from the steel sprung version I would not have one without it.

Well worth every $ I even gave up on Bi-xenons to have it.

As far as comparing with an X5 standard ride, I am not sure what you were driving but its far better (imho), much more controlled in all conditions especially at speed where the ability to hunker down is awesome

I remember the air suspension was a big demand and hard to find back in 2005 when I purchased mine. Other than the price ($3K+), I don't have any negative feelback after 5 years of ownership. I do not have any comparison but was told many times that the air suspension ride quality is a lot better than the standard suspension.

The 06 was the first year you can play MP3 data files from the NAV. I don't know about theindash CD player or the bluetooth.

Edited by mudman2