Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Need help with old KESSY, old key and new key

From recent personal experience the KESSY (Keyless Entry System) needs to be reactivated for your keys at the dealer using the PIWIS. The car needs to accept the RFIDs of the Key FOBs as its own. I went in to have a new FOB programmed and they needed both keys. I was in a hurry when I left and didn't realize that KESSY was no longer working for the old key and not the new key either. I brought it back to the dealer and after monkeying with it for a while they got KESSY working again with the old key FOB. This is the weird part. The new car won't let me unlock the door with the new key in my pocket (KESSY). I have to manually unlock either with the metal blade or push the unlock on the remote. Once I am in the car the new key is recognized and will allow the ignition to be started with the plastic enter & drive key.. the old key unlocks the door while in my pocket (KESSY) when I touch the door handle. The old key in my pocket allow me to start the car with the plastic key.

Here is an interesting new behavior... When you walk to the back to open the hatch with the new key (no KESSY working) in your hand the doors lock and the alarm is armed automatically after closing the door. You have to push the button on the remote to unlock the car again to lift the lid. The old key opens the lid just by touching it with your hand. Very odd.. Anyone have any ideas? Neither the local dealer nor the dealer that sold me the key (Sunset) seems to know why this is not working... Sunset thinks it might be the KESSY or antenna (antenna makes no sense to me personally since the old key works) and the local thinks its the new key from Sunset... Any ideas? Anyone seen this behavior before? The part numbers are different on the keys..

Old Key

7L5 959 755 R 4603 - FCC ID KR55WK45032 - CAN 267 104 187

New Key

7L5 959 753 G A 4907 - FCC ID KR55WK45022 - CAN 267 104 187

• Moderators

Looks simple, new remote program unsuccessful, let them program again (or replace the new remote) till both remotes work as it should. PIWIS is a wonderful diagnostic and programmer devise, if the user is experienced enough.

From your description the KESSY control is working.

As RFM said they need to program both keys correctly.

Thanks guys. Now to convince the dealer that did not sell me the key that they programmed it wrong... :huh: