Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Wiring Harness found under Passenger seat?

Hi would any know what the plug and coaxial or digital cable is for that I found under my passenger seat? They are not plugged in?

Thanks for you help

Mark

Do you have DVD Navigation? The drive for that system goes there and that is likely the plugs for that system.

Hi would any know what the plug and coaxial or digital cable is for that I found under my passenger seat? They are not plugged in?

Thanks for you help

Mark

Do you have DVD Navigation? The drive for that system goes there and that is likely the plugs for that system.

Yes I have the PCM in my 2005. The DVD player for the Nav is in the front of the seat and it works with out these?

Thanks for you help

Mark

Yes I have the PCM in my 2005. The DVD player for the Nav is in the front of the seat and it works with out these?

If the drive is there and working then I really don't know what else those connectors could be for, hopefully someone else can help.

• 4 months later...

Thanks to this thread you have helped resolve a 5 year mystery for me.

In '05 I customed ordered a Cayenne with telephone prep, $250. When the car came all I got was a black adapter bolted to passenger hand hold at center console. Dealer said "Porsche has run into problems with FCC regarding telephone sales and has suspended all phone prep."

<Insert your own experlative here>

I was told I would be contacted when the FCC issue was resolved.

After years of inquiry I was told by service rep only way to get phone capability was change out PCM head unit to one with sim drawer, $5000

<insert more colorful experlative here>

In '05 when I first got FCC excuse from dealer I bought ( on Ebay) for $50 the entire hardware to equip an '04 Cayenne with mobile phone prep, but let it sit waiting for dealer to advise. I thought I could save some money on hardware using this used stuff. (Part numbers available if anyone wants to know)

When I saw this post I dug up my old Ebay hardware plugged it in to wiring harness, dug out my old cellphone from '05 AND THE SYSTEM WORKED!!!!!

The radio mutes, PCM announces (visually) incoming call, and calls routed through car speakers. The microphone is even installed.

Two problems however;

I cannot find the antenna coax cable under passenger seat.

Who wants a hard wired cell phone to car (I would like to convert to bluetooth)

Anyone hook up a bluetooth using this pigtail under the passenger seat?

Thanks to this thread you have helped resolve a 5 year mystery for me.

In '05 I customed ordered a Cayenne with telephone prep, $250. When the car came all I got was a black adapter bolted to passenger hand hold at center console. Dealer said "Porsche has run into problems with FCC regarding telephone sales and has suspended all phone prep."

<Insert your own experlative here>

I was told I would be contacted when the FCC issue was resolved.

After years of inquiry I was told by service rep only way to get phone capability was change out PCM head unit to one with sim drawer, $5000

<insert more colorful experlative here>

In '05 when I first got FCC excuse from dealer I bought ( on Ebay) for $50 the entire hardware to equip an '04 Cayenne with mobile phone prep, but let it sit waiting for dealer to advise. I thought I could save some money on hardware using this used stuff. (Part numbers available if anyone wants to know)

When I saw this post I dug up my old Ebay hardware plugged it in to wiring harness, dug out my old cellphone from '05 AND THE SYSTEM WORKED!!!!!

The radio mutes, PCM announces (visually) incoming call, and calls routed through car speakers. The microphone is even installed.

Two problems however;

I cannot find the antenna coax cable under passenger seat.

Who wants a hard wired cell phone to car (I would like to convert to bluetooth)

Anyone hook up a bluetooth using this pigtail under the passenger seat?

I believe I have read some posts about people hooking up a Parrot bluetooth kit under the seat.