Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help Identify my H&R Spacers, help with part no.

Got a pair of spacers with the rims I bought. P.O. had them on the front of his '03 911. Not sure if they are for front use only or if can use them in the rear of my car because I dont know what offset the wheels are. They are 19x10 rear and 19x8 front tires will be fitted with correct boxster spec'd tires.

Anyways here's the part # of the spacers H&R4695716 MADE IN GERMANY 8/6A

Any help is appreciated

Got a pair of spacers with the rims I bought. P.O. had them on the front of his '03 911. Not sure if they are for front use only or if can use them in the rear of my car because I dont know what offset the wheels are. They are 19x10 rear and 19x8 front tires will be fitted with correct boxster spec'd tires.

Any help is appreciated

If the wheels are OEM, the offset will be marked on the inside of the rim with the letters "ET" and then a number. That number is the offset.

Also, for the H&R spacers, take a look at the "allsprings.com" website. You may find the part number in one of their listings.

You can also measure the thickness of the spacer with a caliper, or even get a rough idea with a small metric ruler.

Make sure that you get appropriate length bolts (longer than stock by the same measurement as the thickness of the spacers) to put your new wheels on your Boxster.

Regards, Maurice.

Any help is appreciated

If the wheels are OEM, the offset will be marked on the inside of the rim with the letters "ET" and then a number. That number is the offset.

Also, for the H&R spacers, take a look at the "allsprings.com" website. You may find the part number in one of their listings.

You can also measure the thickness of the spacer with a caliper, or even get a rough idea with a small metric ruler.

Make sure that you get appropriate length bolts (longer than stock by the same measurement as the thickness of the spacers) to put your new wheels on your Boxster.

Regards, Maurice.

Thanks Maurice I will look into that site to try and figure out which sized spacer I have. The wheels are not factory they are aftermarket and look like HRE but may be knock offs. They have the wheel size/width but nothing about the offset and that is now going to turn into a headache!

Looked on the Allsprings website and found your spacers, minus one number... Their part number is 46957161 It looks like they are 23mm spacers.

Here is the link to that part on their pages:

http://www.allsprings.com/catalog/porsche-...-23mm-5x130.htm

Regards, Maurice.

Edited by 1schoir

Looked on the Allsprings website and found your spacers, minus one number... Their part number is 46957161 It looks like they are 23mm spacers.

Here is the link to that part on their pages:

http://www.allsprings.com/catalog/porsche-...-23mm-5x130.htm

Regards, Maurice.

Thanks Maurice I think I pulled it up just as you posted. Now to figure wheel offset out. That wont be so easy

Thanks Maurice I think I pulled it up just as you posted. Now to figure wheel offset out. That wont be so easy

Here is an example of where the offset is stamped into the inside surface of the wheel:

post-6627-1254875867_thumb.jpg

This is an OEM wheel, 8 inches wide by 18 inches diameter, and an offset of 57mm

post-6627-1254875925_thumb.jpg

This one is also OEM, 9 inches wide by 18 inches diameter, and an offset of 43mm

Yours should have similar markings, but you may have to clean off brake dust and road grime to get a good look.

Regards, Maurice.

23mm? I thought Porsches limit was 20mm, the reason being tha anything bigger was hard on the wheel bearings. You difinitly wouldn't want them up front unless your compensating for a funky offset.

So, put on the back , have fun, Regards, PK

23mm? I thought Porsches limit was 20mm, the reason being tha anything bigger was hard on the wheel bearings. You difinitly wouldn't want them up front unless your compensating for a funky offset.

So, put on the back , have fun, Regards, PK

Thanks guys, the spacers are a go. I scrubbed down all the wheels and the offsets 100% are not stamped on the wheels so I dont know what to do. Im hoping that the local wheel shop can calculate the offset but I dont know if they would even be able to

Thanks guys, the spacers are a go. I scrubbed down all the wheels and the offsets 100% are not stamped on the wheels so I dont know what to do. Im hoping that the local wheel shop can calculate the offset but I dont know if they would even be able to

Take a look at the method for calculating offset on Mike Focke's website, here:

http://mike.focke.googlepages.com/willthos...lsyouwantfit%3F

That write-up took a lot of the mystery out of it for me.

A competent wheel shop should have no problem confirming the correct offset.

Regards, Maurice.

Take a look at the method for calculating offset on Mike Focke's website, here:

http://mike.focke.googlepages.com/willthos...lsyouwantfit%3F

That write-up took a lot of the mystery out of it for me.

A competent wheel shop should have no problem confirming the correct offset.

Regards, Maurice.

Oddly enough, I got tired of staring at them today. Called the guy who sold em to me. He told me his car is a '02 carrera 4 and he had the spacers up front and nothing in the rear. So for sh!ts and giggles I test fit them and went for a slow spin, zero rubbing

The wheels are 245/35/19x8 fronts and rears are 275/35/19x10.

Edited by GTA_G20

Do you have a pic please with them on the car.

Shoping for wheels too.

Tx

S

here it is

This is how it looked when I bought it

IMG_6413_1_.jpg

These are the wheels off the car

post-38174-1255290556_thumb.jpg

This what the car looks like with the rims on the car

boxster002.jpg

boxster004.jpg

boxster003.jpg

Edited by GTA_G20

• 4 weeks later...

Here is an example of where the offset is stamped into the inside surface of the wheel:

Yours should have similar markings, but you may have to clean off brake dust and road grime to get a good look.

Regards, Maurice.

Maurice,

So if I have a wheel with an offset of 50mm and I add a 7mm spacer, it would bring the offset back to 43mm. Is that correct? I have 99 Boxster and got a great deal on a new set of Turbo knock-offs. The seller advertised that it fits Boxster as well as 996 but when I installed, the rears are right up against the strut. It was obvious that I need spacers so I am trying to figure out what size.

The wheels are 18X10 ET50. The tires mounted on them are 225/40/18 and 265/35/18. The front seems to fit fine with no clearance issue.

Thanks for your insight in advanced,

Hung

Maurice,

So if I have a wheel with an offset of 50mm and I add a 7mm spacer, it would bring the offset back to 43mm. Is that correct? I have 99 Boxster and got a great deal on a new set of Turbo knock-offs. The seller advertised that it fits Boxster as well as 996 but when I installed, the rears are right up against the strut. It was obvious that I need spacers so I am trying to figure out what size.

The wheels are 18X10 ET50. The tires mounted on them are 225/40/18 and 265/35/18. The front seems to fit fine with no clearance issue.

Thanks for your insight in advanced,

Hung

Hung:

I believe that is correct.

In addition to estimating what would fit best by calculation, why not try the following method:

Install the old wheels (with no spacers) on the rear and put the car back down on the ground. Then use a straight edge and measure the distance from the outside vertical surface of the wheel and of the tire in two different spots on each by having the straight edge span across the wheel well to each side of the quarter panel around the wheel.

Then, install the new wheel with 50 offset and place the car back on the ground. Now take the same four measurements (two on left side of wheel and tire, and two on right side of wheel and tire). This should give you the maximum thickness of spacer you can install to get back to the original clearance that your stock wheels had, and you can go from there if you want to fill out the wheel well a little more.

This method works better for the rear wheels because they are always "locked" straight ahead, unlike the front wheels.

Regards, Maurice.