Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Wood Interior Trim Install

Hello All......Just wondering if anybody on the forum has tackled switching their interior trim pieces to the wood or aluminum. If so what was the difficulty and what tools are required. My wife bought the olive wood set for me LAST Christmas and it is still sitting in the box. Any help would be appreciated. - CO

Hello All......Just wondering if anybody on the forum has tackled switching their interior trim pieces to the wood or aluminum. If so what was the difficulty and what tools are required. My wife bought the olive wood set for me LAST Christmas and it is still sitting in the box. Any help would be appreciated. - CO

Just go for it - the trim kits are very impressive, easy to install and do change the interior a lot. Use the hair dryer as recommended, and take your time. You can lay out the pieces before hand and choose the ones that you like, and not use the ones that you don't. Make sure you use a degreaser (simple green, dash cleanser, etc.) to clean the dash from any grease, wax, protectant, etc. This is important. We used Total Prep.

I don't know whether olive can be matched with OEM parts.

The kit is just an applique - glue it on top of your parts without removing them. The only part that is hard to remove is the passenger dashboard (line) trim. This is screwed in from the rear. Rich (in Almaden) has a unique way of removing this.

I went from this

16.jpg

to this

15.jpg

close-up:

tp1.jpg