Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Pro's Con's Fabspeed Vs. Pse Upgrades

I'm looking at the pro's and con's of getting a Fabspeed exhaust system vs. Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE).

FABSPEED

1. Not as cosmetically appealing?

2. Possibly better flow less back pressure. (simple design)

3. has matching sport header system.

4. No extra electronics package i.e.. Speed cutout.

PSE (PORSCHE SPORT EXHAUST)

1. Looks better engineered?

2. Possibly better flow less back pressure.

3. Has no matching header system.

4. Extra electronics to worry about.

Please respond by A.) indicating Exhaust Type and attribute you like or dislike.

& B.) Vote The Better sounding of the two.

Thanks

Interesting link http://www.fabspeed.com/ (click on Muffler's exposed in the side window)

I've heard the Fabspeed system, it sounds good. It's half the price of PSE. Personally, I have the GHL system, it sounds awsome, quite while putting around but sounds like a cup car when you get into it. very high quality workmanship as well.

I don't see any problem with aftermarket mufflers, they sound good, cost a fraction of PSE and don't affect the warranty at all.

This subject has been beaten to death so many times on all Pcar forums.

I have a fabspeed system. Guess which one I like best?

There is only ONE way to figure it out. Go listen to them in real life

on real cars and make your own judgment. Listening to audio clips

won't do any of them justice and everyone will be biased to what they have

fitted. There are pros/cons on both systems you mention. Some you

haven't mentioned like the fabspeed costs less than half the price but the PSE

has factory warranty and so on. Then there are a bunch of other

aftermarket systems: techart, GHL, Mile Miglia, Carcraft......

IMHO, I think they all sound good but in different ways. You just have to

choose which one suuits your taste. The only way is to hear them.

Well thanks for the warm replies I don't want to beat a dead animal but I do want the very best parts for my car with regard to performance, price, sound quality etc. The Porsche cars are very specialized as go the parts for them and in my town only two porsche dealers exists and the 911 network is very small. This board allow me a great deal of legitimate information. Very relevant mostly correct and quick to respond.

So thanks, And please anyone else who would like to respond about Fabspeed or PSE or any other brand please feel free.

So thanks, And please anyone else who would like to respond about Fabspeed or PSE or any other brand please feel free.

I have not heard of anyone who has been dis-satisfied with their purchase of their exhaust (PSE, RUF, Fabspeed, Gemballa etc) so I think you cannot go wrong with any of them.

Just be aware that they apparently do sound different from each other - Unfortunately in my region not many owners have had their mufflers changed so I could not easily compare, and in fact my car was the first PSE job that my official dealer had done on a 996.

So I decided on the PSE at the time from reading the forums and availability.

I like the modification so much that I would not hesitate purchasing an additional set if I was purchasing another 996...

The only exhaust which is extremely loud are the Fabspeed 'Bypass Pipes' which is basically a set of two straight thru' pipes which bypass the mufflers - This makes a 996 really roar and it is way too much for general street use!