Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Discoloration on the Gauge Pod

During the process of cleaning the leather in my 00 Bosxter I got some over spray from some Maguires Leather cleaner on me gauge faces. I immediately wiped them off but the gauges were ruined. Has this happened to anyone else out there?? Is it fixable or am I screwed?? its VERY noticeable.

Respectfully,

-Ben

post-49300-1256530701_thumb.jpg

I assume this is plastic and not glass. I would try a vinyl / plastic cleaner and polisher similar to the ones they sell to clean and polish the vinul window of the retractable top. Not sure if this will work so...this is just a thought. Try it in a small section first or on a different plastic.

Good luck.

If it's surface slime, all of above, If it has penetrated the surface, I'd contact Maquires and ask them what the 'ef. There are some animal fats of some sorts in some leather "rejuvinators" that can permanently scar poly carbonate. But I wouldn't think a cleaner would have it.

Regards, PK

If it's surface slime, all of above, If it has penetrated the surface, I'd contact Maquires and ask them what the 'ef. There are some animal fats of some sorts in some leather "rejuvinators" that can permanently scar poly carbonate. But I wouldn't think a cleaner would have it.

Regards, PK

its really odd, ive tried some of the stuff I have around the house to clean it, windex, soapy water etc...

But I cant even feel the residue on the gauge. Although it looks like drips and spatter its completely smooth??!!

Regards, PK

its really odd, ive tried some of the stuff I have around the house to clean it, windex, soapy water etc...

But I cant even feel the residue on the gauge. Although it looks like drips and spatter its completely smooth??!!

I just bought a 2003 boxster S a few weeks ago. The gauges were cloudy with fine scratches like someone had cleaned them with an abrasive. I suspect It had the spots like yours that they tried to get out. I actually tried some CD polish. The kind you get at electronic stores to polish scratches out of CDs and DVDs. It is basically glass polish. It cleared mine up perfectly. They look new. If you try it, try it on a VERY tiny area first.