Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Replaced the amber front side marker housings with clear ones. They look great. Went to see how they

looked when illuminated and was unable to get them to turn on. Is there a secret handshake?

No secrets. Should just pop out the amber. Pop out the bulb/socket. Put bulb/socket in new clear housing and snap back in. There are some cheaper verssions

on eBay that I think are from China? They may have issues if you are not using your original bulbs/sockets. Also clear replacement bulbs look nicer than the amber

bulbs in the clear housings...IMHO.

Good luck

Parking light function doesn't illuminate either of them. However, when parking light is activated on either side, a small forward facing bulb within the HID assembly

turns on. Perhaps the side marker lights are non functional (not connected) in a US model Cayenne.

• Moderators

The side markers are not functional with park and head lights on Europ. cars, they are used as turn signal, a program change can be made by a PIWIS diagnostic tool, perhaps someone rumbled around with that tool in the past. Let check it out.

In the US they are not turn signals and work with the regular lights

I think you do not have them connected properly, make usre the bulb holders are tight to the body of the light assembly

The side markers are not functional with park and head lights on Europ. cars, they are used as turn signal, a program change can be made by a PIWIS diagnostic tool, perhaps someone rumbled around with that tool in the past. Let check it out.
Edited by mudman2

• 1 month later...
off topic... where did you get your clear side markers? i want to change mine as well. :D

HI,

Suncoast Porsche sells them on their website and on eBay brand new for 996 & 997 $29.95 plus shipping. They are great to deal with and ship quickly.

Good luck..

DC

• 2 weeks later...
off topic... where did you get your clear side markers? i want to change mine as well. :D

HI,

Suncoast Porsche sells them on their website and on eBay brand new for 996 & 997 $29.95 plus shipping. They are great to deal with and ship quickly.

Good luck..

DC

\

Yes, Suncoast Porsche has great prices. go to www.e-partssales.com Great service to boot.