Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Rocker Rails Guard - What do you think?

Happy New Year everyone

What do you guys think of the Rocker Guard part # 955 044 801 07 ? Do they really serve any purpose? Are they like smaller running boards. It looks like you can't step on them but I have never saw one up close.

Lou

cayennerockerguards.jpg

Edited by Loren
Made image viewable

Rocker guards serve a purpose. The ones displayed extend for 4 to 6 inches (guesstimate) under the body and protect the areas from hard rock hits and scraping as you go over rough terrain. If you are looking at these there are also running boards that have the same protection that come on the Transsiberia but are also functional to step in and out. Do you take your Cayenne over rough terrain?

Happy New Year everyone

What do you guys think of the Rocker Guard part # 955 044 801 07 ? Do they really serve any purpose? Are they like smaller running boards. It looks like you can't step on them but I have never saw one up close.

Lou

cayennerockerguards.jpg

I only take mine out to dirt road once in a while, definitely nothing really rough. I was thinking about getting these rocker guards as an alternative to the full running board which maybe a bit large for my taste. My wife is short and practically has to climb into the seat, kinda fun to watch sometimes especially when I raise the suspension on purpose. She would question if the truck got taller and I'd answer may be you got shorter, she still doesn't know the suspension is manually adjustable.

I only take mine out to dirt road once in a while, definitely nothing really rough. I was thinking about getting these rocker guards as an alternative to the full running board which maybe a bit large for my taste. My wife is short and practically has to climb into the seat, kinda fun to watch sometimes especially when I raise the suspension on purpose. She would question if the truck got taller and I'd answer may be you got shorter, she still doesn't know the suspension is manually adjustable.

The ones in the photo will not provide any step capability at all. I have them on my Transsyberia; and they are strictly rock sliders, not steps.

Interesting. My TS came with the running boards which can definitely be used as a step to place things on the roof and not the sliders though the under part of the running board has extensive underbody protection.

The ones in the photo will not provide any step capability at all. I have them on my Transsyberia; and they are strictly rock sliders, not steps.

Interesting. My TS came with the running boards which can definitely be used as a step to place things on the roof and not the sliders though the under part of the running board has extensive underbody protection.

I ordered the car built, and did not order the $1550 VR1 Running Boards option. With this option, the Off-Road Technology Package has a different Option Code and price, too.

Attached is a shot of the non-running board sliders on a Transsyberia.

post-44868-1262653688_thumb.jpg

Edited by DUTCH VanAtlanta

Humm, I'm gonna have to take a step back from getting the rocker guard. For me it will only be a cosmetic add on and not even sure if its gonna look good, not to mention the wife will still have to climb onto the seat.

I have the slider/steps on mine with the offroad package - I can get you a pic if you'd like, they are pretty small steps, nothing obtrusive and I thnk add to the line of the truck nicely - The one thing I will say is that my kids use them a lot and tend to step on the little trip piece just above the running board which pops out all the time, drives me nuts and is a terrible design on porsche's part

-Z