Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Loren, Help!

I purchased a custom made GT2 style rear wing for my C4S(03 996). It replaces the stock retractable wing, much like the aero/taco style wing. My question is about the stock wiring harness. Can I just use the stock harness and just not hook up the motor(for ret spoiler), while connecting to the 3rd break light which the new wing uses? :notworthy:

• Admin
Loren,

What do I have to do to jump the pin on the existing harness?

I checked with the dealer they are stumped as to which harness to use to maintain a breaklight.

Looks to me like you want to jumper pin 2 to pin 5 to turn the spoiler dash light off. And, you will need to use pin 8 for stoplight power and pin 5 for stop light ground.

post-2-1098116037_thumb.jpg

Loren,

What do I have to do to jump the pin on the existing harness?

I checked with the dealer they are stumped as to which harness to use to maintain a breaklight.

Looks to me like you want to jumper pin 2 to pin 5 to turn the spoiler dash light off. And, you will need to use pin 8 for stoplight power and pin 5 for stop light ground.

post-2-1098116037_thumb.jpg

Loren,

Thanks, looks too complicated for me, I'll go with the 51 harness. Still not clear on the 04 harness, don't think it supports a break light.

Chris

Edited by C4S Surgeon

• Admin
Loren,

Thanks, looks too complicated for me, I'll go with the 51 harness. Still not clear on the 04 harness, don't think it supports a break light.

Chris

Maybe try the Carrera spoiler harness for the Cabriolet - it has a stop light in the spoiler.

996 612 070 10 Wiring harness in spoiler

• 1 year later...
  • Admin
I know this is old but I nvr got the answer to which harness did you use for the 03 C4S?

I am doing the same mod for my 04 and my dealer is also stumped about which harness to use and which part number?

thank you in earnest.

What spoiler are you using? The TT/C4S aerokit or 3rd party?

If it is 3rd party then does it have a stop light?

I know this is old but I nvr got the answer to which harness did you use for the 03 C4S?

I am doing the same mod for my 04 and my dealer is also stumped about which harness to use and which part number?

thank you in earnest.

What spoiler are you using? The TT/C4S aerokit or 3rd party?

If it is 3rd party then does it have a stop light?

sorry....i am installing an 3rd party spoiler with no stop light.

thank you very much Loren!

• 1 year later...
You could use the Carrera Aerokit Cup harness here. Or rewire the pins as described in that same post.

Loren,

I went to order the 51 harness and was told it is only for cars up to 2001. I have an '02 C4S, and the rear spoiler I purchased (Cargraphic) does have a third brake light. Is the 51 harness the one to go with? I was told the harness that comes with the aerokit for an '02 C4S is part # 996-612-070-55. The price I was quoted for the 55 harness was $196, which is quite a bit more than I've read the 51 harness costs. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Judson

• 3 weeks later...
The wiring harness shown in the C4S aerokit package is: 996.612.070.55

So that "should" work.

hey loren ihave a 996 c4s 05 which wiring harness can i use or how do i rewire the stock

Edited by evil2219

• Admin
The wiring harness shown in the C4S aerokit package is: 996.612.070.55

So that "should" work.

hey loren ihave a 996 c4s 05 which wiring harness can i use or how do i rewire the stock

If you are using a Porsche Aerokit package then the harness above is included.

If you are using an after market spoiler - the above harness should also work for most.