Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Passenger Low Beam Head Light Now Working

Hi guys, it's me again.

I have another problem. I drive a '98 boxster 2.5L manuel transmission.

My headlights work when I have the engine and the lights on, but once I turn the engine off and leave the lights on, only the driver side low beam still works. I've replace the light bulb on both, and still doesn't work. I thought it maybe the headlamp itself that is faulty, so I ordered and new one, installed it and still does not work.

Does anyone have any solutions or know what I could try. Does it have anything to do with the fuse, if so where is our fuse box located?

Please advise,

DTM

No reason to think that the bulb is the problem as it can only tell if it is getting "juice" or not. But just to make sure, you do realize that the low beam is the upper bulb and vice versa. It is counterintuitive and I've gotten it wrong before.

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the info. Yeah, in either case, I changed out both bulbs, because I wasn't sure which one was out, but I still have the same problem. So when we turn on the engine and leave the lights on, it's the high beam that is still active?

Ok, it's just not as bright as the regular lights with the engine on, so that's why I assumed it was the low beam. Thanks for helping me clarify that.

Anyway, do you know what might be wrong with it?

Please advise, Thanks

DTM

No reason to think that the bulb is the problem as it can only tell if it is getting "juice" or not. But just to make sure, you do realize that the low beam is the upper bulb and vice versa. It is counterintuitive and I've gotten it wrong before.

I think you have your light bulbs mixed up. When you turn off the car, your head lights are supposed to turn off. Your parking lights will stay on though - there are wedge/parking lights, and it sounds like one of them is burned out. Its a special size bulb that is easy to replace but can be hard to find. I had to go to the dealership to get it as none of the local auto parts stores had them. I think it is a 5w bulb.

I think you have your light bulbs mixed up. When you turn off the car, your head lights are supposed to turn off. Your parking lights will stay on though - there are wedge/parking lights, and it sounds like one of them is burned out. Its a special size bulb that is easy to replace but can be hard to find. I had to go to the dealership to get it as none of the local auto parts stores had them. I think it is a 5w bulb.

I was thinking just same thing, it must be the parking light and not the headlamp.

So you're saying there is another light that is wedged somewhere else? Yes! I think it is the parking light. because only the driver side light stays on when I turn the engine off. OK, let me look for that light.

Thank you so much

So where is the parking lite located?

I was thinking just same thing, it must be the parking light and not the headlamp.

When you turn your headlights "OFF", is the switch positioned straight up? Or, is it all the way to the left? If the switch position is all the way to the left, you have turned on the left parking and side marker lights.

Bill

Yes there is another light bulb (parking light), it's not wedged in anywhere - sometimes people call it a wedge bulb is all. If you have litronics its a H6W bulb, if your headlights aren't litronic, then its a W5W bulb. Sorry but I don't have a picture of where it's located - its there though, I've replaced it before. It's a small bulb if that helps.