Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Does anyone have the instruction on removing the door panel, specifically the inner panel. I need to access the door latch. I am constantly getting false "open door" alarms when the door is closed. It started periodically last week and is almost always on.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have the instruction on removing the door panel, specifically the inner panel. I need to access the door latch. I am constantly getting false "open door" alarms when the door is closed. It started periodically last week and is almost always on.

Thanks in advance.

I am not sure if this will help a lot but this is all I could find on removing Door panels:

http://www.fvd.de/de/en/Porsche-0/Cayenne_955-15-46/-/2006/group/show/VID_8757923-VCD_36420431-gid_75-sort_4-display_20/InnerDoorPanel.html

• Admin

Thanks in advance.

I am not sure if this will help a lot but this is all I could find on removing Door panels:

http://www.fvd.de/de...rDoorPanel.html

:eek: You can buy those same trim tools at Harbor Freight for under $8.00

I bought mine on sale for $4.99

post-1-127127663796_thumb.png

• Admin

post-1-127128820071_thumb.png

1. Removing trim panel for mirror triangle. Carefully lever out trim panel for mirror triangle 4

2. Unclipping switch for mirror adjustment. Unclip switch 5.

3. Pulling off plug. Operate lock on plug using a screwdriver and pull off plug 6.

4. Unclipping cover of inner door handle. Carefully lever out the trim -2-

5. Unclipping trim at armrest. Lever out the trim -3--A, B and C.

6. Unscrewing fastening screws. Unscrew fastening screws 7, 7a.

post-1-127128835027_thumb.png

7. Removing front door trim panel. Unclip front door trim panel 1 arrow D arrow E.

8. Pulling plug of door wiring harness off the control module. Release plug 8 10 9.

9. Pulling off plug for door loudspeaker Release plug for door loudspeaker -12--11-

10. & 11. Disengaging actuating cable for door lock.

A. Unlock fastening clip for actuating cable for door lock 13 by pressing the locking hook arrows and disengage from the guide slot arrow G.

B. Swivel pin -14- of actuating cable forward by 90° and disengage upward.

12. Removing door trim pane.

You may need to replace any plastic clips that broke on removal.

Install is basically the reverse. Be careful to not over-tighten the screws as they strip out easily.

• 3 years later...