Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Alarm Won't Disengage...car Dead

horrible flooding in Nashville, car driver's side flooded. Car will play radio, etc., but no click when turning key all the way to start. Is there a way to disconnect the security box under the driver's seat to get the car started? I've dried out the inside of the car, but no luck on getting the car started. Have double solid lights on top of the dash, and the door lock light is lit constantly. Can't "unlock" the security system. Doors are unlocked, but when closed sporatically will cycle the window up the 1/2" and down over and over. Othertimes, door will close with no problem.

Any ideas? Don't wanna have to tow the car if I can help it...and it's in the drive blocking my wife's car!

Thx!

Tony

• Admin

Check all the fuses first if they are all good then...

Remove the drivers seat and take the alarm box out of the car (after disconnecting the battery of course).

Open it up and dry it out - look for corrosion or shorts. If it is fried then you are looking at new box and programming. That is why they call it an 'immobilizer'.

Check all the fuses first if they are all good then...

Remove the drivers seat and take the alarm box out of the car (after disconnecting the battery of course).

Open it up and dry it out - look for corrosion or shorts. If it is fried then you are looking at new box and programming. That is why they call it an 'immobilizer'.

That's what I was afraid of...

Thanks Loren! You are a huge asset to me!

Tony

• 4 months later...
  • Admin

Is there a way to remove the battery without the alarm going off??

I tried with the key switched on, but no luck.. Alarm still ringing.

Thanks,

Jonny

Please have some patience and do not double post. Your second post has been removed.

See the board Guidelines/Rules that you agreed to when you registered here if you have questions.

http://www.renntech....abling-sequence

http://www.renntech....dpost__p__45399

http://www.renntech....dpost__p__57629

• Moderators

A UK car has an siren with it's own internal battery that sounds off if you disconnect the battery for the car. It is the black thing with the round red grill. Below that is the tilt sensor. We do not have this in the US. On a UK car you are supposed to turn the ignition on before you disconnect the cables from the car battery, or the siren will go off. Don't know why that procedure is not working for you.

I have heard that the siren is very loud....

post-4-070607100 1284749688_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Is there a way to remove the battery without the alarm going off??

I tried with the key switched on, but no luck.. Alarm still ringing.

Thanks,

Jonny

Please have some patience and do not double post. Your second post has been removed.

See the board Guidelines/Rules that you agreed to when you registered here if you have questions.

http://www.renntech....abling-sequence

http://www.renntech....dpost__p__45399

http://www.renntech....dpost__p__57629

Sorry about that.

Jonny

A UK car has an siren with it's own internal battery that sounds off if you disconnect the battery for the car. It is the black thing with the round red grill. Below that is the tilt sensor. We do not have this in the US. On a UK car you are supposed to turn the ignition on before you disconnect the cables from the car battery, or the siren will go off. Don't know why that procedure is not working for you.

I have heard that the siren is very loud....

Thank you for that information and the very useful photograph.

I'm not sure why the ignition procedure isn't working, but I will try to disconnect the alarm siren and try again that way.

And "YES" the alarm is very loud, especially when the bonnet is raised, and you have your head under there!

Thank you once again.

Jonny

Edited by JONNYVINO