Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

08 Turbo Painted Center Grill

Hi there

Since I'm new here , I'll introduce myself.

Although I've owned many P-cars, this will be my first Cayenne. Have kids now, so it's hard to stuff growing twin boys in the back of a 993!

I'm not an internet junkie and tend not to live in these forums, but good forums are invaluable for specialty cars.

Recently sold a vintage BMW and still stay in touch with board members from e9coupe.com. The knucklehead / key-board-tuff-guy factor was very low on the E9 forum and everyone on the board was a true enthusiast. Hope Renntech has a similar membership base and look forward to contributing/sharing with you guys.

Taking delivery of a 2008 Turbo in two days (white w/Chestnut/black interior).

Pretty impressive build-sheet for a non-turboS upwards of $128,000 original MSRP.

I can't believe Porsche robs its customers of $1,100 for sport tail pipes! (why are these so special?)

In any event I'm stoked about the new Cayenne and can't wait to mat the loud pedal!

I'm not the type that likes to go modding out my cars and generally like to keep a correct OEM look to whatever I drive.

However, the only thing that I would consider changing on my new White Turbo is having the grill inserts painted to match the exterior color (white) or maybe that matte silver that you sometimes see on earlier Turbo S models. My questions are:

-Did Porsche offer whatever color grill inserts you wanted from the factory (not just black), or was this only a TurboS thing?, thus was N/A in 2008?

-Any opinions on whether the grill inserts should be white or that alumimun look (my Sportplus wheels are standard alloy color and I have the stainless steel skid plates, so maybe the aluminum color?)

-Is there a paint code or a close match to the aluminum color?

-Would I be better off simply ordering the painted grills from Porsche instead of having somebod screw up a paint job?

-How ridiculously difficult is it to remove these grill centers?

Again, I don't want to get crazy modifying a tastefully-optioned Cayenne, but thought aluminum or white center grill(s) would.....as the Dude says in The Big Lebowski "Really tie the room together".

I'll post some pictures ASAP.

Regards,

-A Cat