Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

CEL Codes

Hello,

I'm fairly new here and hoping to find some help.

I have a 01 996 C4 Cab and i just had a new set of Max Speed "Fast Cats installed by my local mechanic.

When i picked the vehicle it was running really rough. I got the following CEL codes:

P1133-02 ADAPTER

P1126-02 Bank 1

P1325-Cam Bank 2

P0300-Random Misfire

P0304-Cylinder 4 Misfire

P0302-cylinder 2 Misfire

P0301-Cylinder 1 Misfire

I have attempted to clean the MAF and i didn't notice any difference. I also tried unplugging the MAF and driving the car and again i didn't an difference. I'm now in the process of changing my spark plugs and i have removed the passenger side of the coils and thus far i haven't notices any damage at all.

Do i go ahead and purchase a new MAF even if driving the car without it didn't show any improvements? Do i need to uplug the battary and then drive to car after the codes are cleared to see if there is any improvement?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Rodney

Is this a US/Canada car?

MAF would not cause misfires unless they were on all cylinders.

Best check to see if the coil packs are damaged or the electrical connectors are not on tight.

Are all the O2 sensors still in use?

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

It is a US car. I have checked the three coils on the passenger side and they look good.

I plan to remove the other three on the driver side tomorrow. Which electrical connectors are you speaking about?

Yes all the 02 Sensors are still in use, however my mechanic may have connected them incorrectly when installing my cats.

Could that cause the problem?

Update: I have completed changing out my spark plugs and checking the coils. I didn't see any of the damage that other members here have described. I saw know noticeable cracks or damage to the coils. The plugs had some discoloration. I talk the car out for a test drive and while it drives better then before the new plugs, however it is still sluggish especially when attempting to accelerate fast.

Help?????